Regarding Previous Smc Post By Retro-mark

Alzoxp

Still Fresh
I feel the actions of the people of this board in regards to a previous topic were harsh and could have been avoided. What skin was it of you guys' noses and to top it all after all the "flaming" you gave him a reasonable answer anyway.

Because we are not reglars on the board does not mean we can't be treated like everyone else who has a higher post count.

I have to laugh though when you stated "not to jump to conclusions..." after such harsh posts.

Be cool you dont want this board / community to get a bad rep....

Be good! :)

Because we are not reglars on the board does not mean we can't be treated like everyone else who has a higher post count.

Just curious but why has post count come back? Thought it was disabled last time due to some similar reason (but I forget what) last time. :unsure:

Though I dont know what this person did to you make you post this as a brand new topic, I think doing stuff like this makes people with higher post counts or being a long member of this board annoyed. Why make a new topic in what I think, is in the wrong section of this board about something vague and to me stupid.

Read this please:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=announce&f=2&id=11

Especially this bit:
If you want to start a discussion about an issue not directly involving the GP32, please use the Off-Topic Discussion Board.

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree. I've had a lot of help from people on this board but jesus if you say slightly the wrong thing then all hell breaks loose.

He wrote a sensible question, first reply back wasnt helpful in the slightest so then he wrote back with a witty reply saying he doesnt understand german and then he gets accused of being racist !! What rubbish !

The german guy didnt seem to be offended in the first place but he wasnt flamed for his 'witty' response back to the original question.

He wasnt trying to ask about any warez games and yet he was flamed instantly ?

As for pathetic responses like....

"hey dickwad

FUCK YOU!

if you can't operate geepee32 then clearly you don't have the skills required to do anything more complex than breathe, i bet even that confuses you sometimes.

now piss off and stop wasting our time. "

and

"u fucking racist piece of shit!

why dont u do us all a favor and go dig a hole, burry urself in it and burn urself to death.

and if u dont know how 2 use geepee32, then u r truley a FUCKING MORON"

It totally makes me sad when reading these replies, i mean "dig a hole, bury yourself in it and burn yourself to death" ????? (Racist !??! And this is the guy whos email address is 'asianinvasion' ? If my email address was whiteinvasion i would be crucified (and rightly so))

Are we talking about a child killer here, a murderer ? No a newbie who simply asked a question on a GP32 site . Pathetic.

Thank god for a sensible answer from 'generalnmx'. Many newbies come to this site but you were all newbies at one stage asking good or bad questions so give people a break.

No wonder the world if fucked up though listening to people go mental and telling them to 'burn yourself to death' ? As always its amazing how tough some dweebs are when they are online. Perhaps all the years of getting a kicking at school for being the dweeb who never had a girlfriend and is still a virgin is the reason for this frustration and anger. Theres MANY worse things in the world than some guy asking a newbie question

For the majority of posters here this doesnt apply to you, most people are helpful and polite but jesus some idiots just give this site a bad name

I apologise for starting this in the wrong section I couldn't post on the original thread as it was locked. I decided to post here as this is where the incident first cropped up and to be honest putting it in an off topic section wouldnt get the attention I think it desrves. People wont come and ask questions if people are going to bash them online. It probably took more time to "flame" them than it did to give the reasonable answer or better still IGNORE them.

Again I apologise for improper use of this post!

I agree that was excessive. Didnt look to me like your standard troll asking about warez.

Retro Mark shouldnt take it personally it kinda gets like lord of the flies around here sometimes, what with all the rom kiddies running around on too much red cordial. So mods have to step in and lock threads from time to time for other reasons...

Speaking of mods... Someone gonna move this :p

EDIT: Iorgy's helpfull hint for forum harmony... "Did you know that you can go into a Users profile and set it to ignore user? This means if someone pisses you off you never need to read another word written by them"

Can you give a link to the thread, since I can`t find it, and would like to know what you`re talking about.

Alzoxp posted on Oct 4 2004 at 08:18 AM said:
I feel the actions of the people of this board in regards to a previous topic were harsh and could have been avoided.  What skin was it of you guys' noses and to top it all after all the "flaming" you gave him a reasonable answer anyway. 

I have to laugh though when you stated "not to jump to conclusions..." after such harsh posts.

Be cool you dont want this board / community to get a bad rep....

Be good! :)

Some interesting replies, hopefully the people who decided to respond in the way they would not take it personally If I 'knocked them out' if I was ever introduced to them 'personally'.

Anyway, don't take it personally.

OMFG

some people are too wierd

quit whining, it was a bit of fun

Vimacs made a witty comment, you made a bad choice of comments

I found the whole thing rather amusing

The reason he reacted as he did was beause that question is asked fairly regularly and it wasnt at all urgent for you to get a reply

In my opinion, both parties were to blame - the repliers and the original poster. The people who replied shouldn't have flamed, and the original poster shouldn't have flamed back. The only real flame, before the original poster started flaming the responses, was from vimacs - he seems to be going through some type of "phase". Some of the people tried to be helpful (I know Yuugloc, so I know he might not know what a smc file is for, which is why he was "checking"), but the original poster took their posts as insults - perhaps from vimacs reponse getting them riled up.

Really, I don't see anything wrong with flaming the flamers, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. If you flame, you should be open to retaliatory flames, but if you DO retaliate with a flame, then you obviously leave yourself open to yet another retaliation! If you're asking a question, you shouldn't flame no matter what, as that will piss off people.

generalnmx posted on Oct 5 2004 at 08:01 PM said:
In my opinion, both parties were to blame - the repliers and the original poster. The people who replied shouldn't have flamed, and the original poster shouldn't have flamed back. The only real flame, before the original poster started flaming the responses, was from vimacs - he seems to be going through some type of "phase". Some of the people tried to be helpful (I know Yuugloc, so I know he might not know what a smc file is for, which is why he was "checking"), but the original poster took their posts as insults - perhaps from vimacs reponse getting them riled up.

Really, I don't see anything wrong with flaming the flamers, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. If you flame, you should be open to retaliatory flames, but if you DO retaliate with a flame, then you obviously leave yourself open to yet another retaliation! If you're asking a question, you shouldn't flame no matter what, as that will piss off people.

Ah I see so its a case of if you get flamed don't say anything back as your comments are not welcome here. It seems this board is really fair.

Its ok if your going through a "phase" to flame people hmmm again seems fair. How can you not take thos posts as insults did you even read the thread. Here are some quotes to refresh your memory

"wow what a damn idiot, asks for warez and than flames, go burn in hell."

"hey dickwad

FUCK YOU!

if you can't operate geepee32 then clearly you don't have the skills required to do anything more complex than breathe, i bet even that confuses you sometimes.

now piss off and stop wasting our time.
"

why dont u do us all a favor and go dig a hole, burry urself in it and burn urself to death.

and if u dont know how 2 use geepee32, then u r truley a FUCKING MORON!
"
On this one when you bought a geepee32 did you know how to work it before I very much doubt it ridiculous comment!

Tell me one witty comment deserves another, surley, so how come when Retro-Mark replied with a witty comment it was assumed as flaming.

Rules for one and not another me thinks!

Listen Im not here to give grief or start flaming surley though some of these posts have be considered.

Have a good day!

Alzoxp posted on Oct 6 2004 at 03:52 AM said:
Ah I see so its a case of if you get flamed don't say anything back as your comments are not welcome here. It seems this board is really fair.

Its ok if your going through a "phase" to flame people hmmm again seems fair. How can you not take thos posts as insults did you even read the thread. Here are some quotes to refresh your memory

"hey dickwad

FUCK YOU!

"

"
On this one when you bought a geepee32 did you know how to work it before I very much doubt it ridiculous comment!

Tell me one witty comment deserves another, surley, so how come when Retro-Mark replied with a witty comment it was assumed as flaming.

Listen Im not here to give grief or start flaming surley though some of these posts have be considered.

Have a good day!

I said some of the posts. The original poster flamed back the flamers - not really "witty comments". The german comment could easily be taken as offensive (we have a few people living or from Germany on these boards).

But I digress. It's pointless to debate opinion in high-tension situations like this, where the ends do not justify the effort. As I said in the original thread, I was disappointed with the actions of both GP32x's own regular posters and the original poster, and I find fault with both.

generalnmx posted on Oct 6 2004 at 11:17 PM said:
Alzoxp posted on Oct 6 2004 at 03:52 AM said:
Ah I see so its a case of if you get flamed don't say anything back as your comments are not welcome here.  It seems this board is really fair.

Its ok if your going through a "phase" to flame people hmmm again seems fair.  How can you not take thos posts as insults did you even read the thread.  Here are some quotes to refresh your memory

"hey dickwad

FUCK YOU!

"

"

Have a good day!

I said some of the posts. The original poster flamed back the flamers - not really "witty comments". The german comment could easily be taken as offensive (we have a few people living or from Germany on these boards).

But I digress. It's pointless to debate opinion in high-tension situations like this, where the ends do not justify the effort. As I said in the original thread, I was disappointed with the actions of both GP32x's own regular posters and the original poster, and I find fault with both.

ok no hard feelings ! :rolleyes:

But it was warez in the end, and the guy should not have posted before looking in an FAQ and searching.

Back