Got Screwed By Gp32z ?

hclatwr

Still Fresh
Website
hclatwr.hc.funpic.org
If you have read my earlier post http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=30974&hl=

you know that I've sent in my gp2x to gp32z two weeks before they closed, they sent me an other unit one month after I sent in mine, and after all the test I've done, I've come to realize that it is a defective GP2X. I've tried three different brands of batteries and nothing seems to be working, every time I switch my unit to "ON" I get those vertical colored lines.

I can still use it with my dc adapter ... but it's not that portable anymore.
I am pretty pissed as the company that sold it to me, Gp32z, is now closed, even the domain name has been sold.

Anyone knows if someone is covering th gp32z warranty ?

Good Day !

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading will not harm you, this has been discussed many times, you MUST use rechargeable batteries if you want more than some minutes of use.

Emu&Co posted on Sep 4 2006 at 12:16 PM said:
No Batteries, NiMH Recharbles. Batteries suck. They work with some luck for some minutes. Buy good phpto rechargeables with more than 2500 mAh
No, thats not the solution. Even Alkaline Batteries work, albeit only for max. half an hour.

If you can use your GP2X with a dc adapter but not with batteries, then the stepup converter chip is defective. Evildragon from www.gp2x.de can fix this for a price.

However i think someone still covers your GP2X´s warranty, if you still got the bill. They were the suppliers of gp32z, i just cant remember their name...

Is this a online store that you guys are talking about? or are you talking about GamePark and GamePark Holdings. I just wanted to check, I was going to order Vektar and a few other things from them GamePark Holdings here soon.

grahf posted on Sep 4 2006 at 08:28 AM said:
Come to think of it, i ordered a few things from them when they were having their closing sale. Never received them.

I bought the GP2X AC adapter before they closed, quite cheaply I might add...

I got it though.... I guess it got a hell of a fucking lot of orders...

For the record, I use NI-MH rechargeables at 2650 mAh, tried with duracell energizers vivitar. With alkaline I tried procell and the original brand, I kept them for testing purposes.
I know there was an email posted when gp32z closed down ... you had to refer to it for your warranty ... I just can't find the topic anymore

I'm in the same position really. Though my problem is not as serious, my tv-out picture is black and white. I would rather have it that my problem WAS more serious, then it would be alot more easy to figure out wether to send it back or not.

Back