Bricked!

As already stated elsewhere in this forum: You can get them from dignsys for $50 plus $100 shipping. This includes the software. It would, for sure, be cheaper if some dealer imports a whole batch of them.

If you can build it cheaper, do it and I'll buy it. And don't forget to write the software for it, too. This is a huge business opportunity for you!

In the end, it's all GPHs fault. The chip they use support flashing via JTAG and via serial, GPH would have been able to offer either or both of these cables to their customers. Both of them are pretty useful for developers anyways.

Right now I am waiting for gp32z to get their J-tag cable so they can fix my gp2x. You just have to play the waiting game......... (I like sonic SOOO much better then this game) ........

SolidSnake posted on Dec 15 2005 at 10:22 PM said:
WTF! $50 for a CABLE?? What is it made from? GOLD?

And $100 for shipping? For that price, it needs to be hand delivered by 4 scantily-clad virgin slavegirls. Geez.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have JUST bricked my xms present...... i was using my mmc card fine, i then put my sd card in and now its dead, the "Firmware updating" screen came up and now my screen is filled with coloured lines, im very mad.

I just sold my gp2x & I plan to buy a new one as soon as gp32z gets them in with the newest firmware.

I bricked my unit using firmware updater and it was probably my fault. Just one battery wasn't loaded (thought I was sure it was charged - had a crap charger) and it corrupted the firmware. Fortunately the boot loader is intact so recovering should not be too hard.

Back