Remote Desktop / Citrix thread ( split from Help Shlee right his slides...)

dgame

Remote Desktop with Remmina     

"Fast and functional VNC/RDP/XDMCP client with scaling and several other handy features."

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,112,99

screenshot1.png

^ Well except it uses free to use protocols not proprietary stuff like that Citrix garbage.

You just need to setup a VNC or RDP(Windows), XDMCP (Typically *NIX systems only) server on your PC or Mac.. VNC is really easy to setup, a google search can find one easy..

Then you use this to connect, you may need to enter in your IP address manually.

There are command line tools for connecting to VNC already built on the Pandora.. this just organizes connections better.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Well except it uses free to use protocols not proprietary stuff like that Citrix garbage.
Lol is it me or are you just against anything proprietary? I use Citrix at work and I find it useful.
It's also great that Trashy gets a choice too :)
Citrix is okay, the bit I dislike about Citrix is when RD'ing through the citrix connection, you can't use the Windows key, or related shortcuts. It's damn annoying ;)

Lol is it me or are you just against anything proprietary? I use Citrix at work and I find it useful.
It's also great that Trashy gets a choice too :)

Citrix is okay, the bit I dislike about Citrix is when RD'ing through the citrix connection, you can't use the Windows key, or related shortcuts. It's damn annoying ;)
you could use AutoHotKey for that :)

Citrix is one of the few things that I do not hate because it is not open. I hate its guts because it is effin' crap. If it was the most free and open thing in the universe, it would be open crap. DEATH TO CITRIX!!!

/rant over :D

No I'm not totally against proprietary stuff, However I did use Citrix at work when I was forced to and that's why I think it's garbage..

Not the only reason.. it connected me to a windows system was another reason I thought it sucked. Plus I thought it was a huge waste of company resources and money to maintain something like it when there are better solutions for free.

Especially seeing how we only used it to connect to lotus notes for email and there could of been a slew of other ways employees can access email.

^ I use Citrix when I work at home to access stuff at work.  I can do anything I want on it as long as the program is installed on the server and added to Citrix.  Anything from MS Office suite to Vistual Studio to accessing my personal drive allocated to me at work.  I use Ubuntu 13.04 at home and have dual monitors so I used one for Citrix fullscreen and the other one for whatever else for Ubuntu.  So basically I have Windows 7 and Ubuntu side by side.  One for work and one for entertaining like writing this on OpenPandora forum  :D

I think Citrix is useful but you have to have fast internet connection for it to run well.

There isn't a PND and likely there never will be.. It's a straight up ARM Linux binary from the link I posted three posts ago.. since it's a commercial product, bundling it into a PND and re-distributing it is most likely illegal.

There isn't a PND and likely there never will be.. It's a straight up ARM Linux binary from the link I posted three posts ago.. since it's a commercial product, bundling it into a PND and re-distributing it is most likely illegal.
So how do I make it work on the Pandora like Mr. milkshake?

You will need to talk to Mr. Milkshake.. It could be as easily downloading the .tar.gz file, untaring it and running the executable via command prompt.

Back