Removing Ms Office...

dwarf shortage
Website
Visit site
Hi,
I recently bought office 2007 from 'office4students' (a great deal). I attempted to install it on this PC over Ofiice 2000 or whatever, and it isn't starting up... absolutely nothing. All the icons are there, I click on them and nothing happens. I'm guessing it's clashed with the previous version of office, which it told me it would remove upon install.

The only solution I can think of is to get a tool to completely remove all versions of office from my PC, then do a fresh install (I think the liscence works for one more time).

Do any of you guys have any better ideas?
If not, do you know of a tool which will do what I want?
Thanks!

Ps: Yes, I have tried openoffice - I am running it now. I would, however, like to get ms 2007 working.

Last edited by a moderator:
'pandora' said:
Hi,
I recently bought office 2007 from 'office4students' (a great deal). I attempted to install it on this PC over Ofiice 2000 or whatever, and it isn't starting up... absolutely nothing. All the icons are there, I click on them and nothing happens. I'm guessing it's clashed with the previous version of office, which it told me it would remove upon install.

The only solution I can think of is to get a tool to completely remove all versions of office from my PC, then do a fresh install (I think the liscence works for one more time).

Do any of you guys have any better ideas?
If not, do you know of a tool which will do what I want?
Thanks!

Ps: Yes, I have tried openoffice - I am running it now. I would, however, like to get ms 2007 working.
If you're using windows that was trimmed by nLite or similiar proggy, sometimes there are problems with Office and other bigger apps fro M$ like Visual Studio 200X. Its still better option to USE OpenOffice or GoOO, or even Lotus Suite [ its free ].

Thanks, but I'm using standard XP here, no alterations...

Back