Replacement Cap.

clarky2o2o

What is the best 1 to get and where do I find it.

...I have been away for a month so ive missed alot (like firmware 3.0) So if thers new caps I have no idea :p

From the pictures I've seen, it seems the value pack GP2Xs have a new cap. Its like the old cap but with a rough surface.

Ill get some pics up of it in a while. Basically its rounded with a bump in the middle but its got a rough grippy surface.

No, the one on the main page is still (sigh) the MK1 stick.

The new MK2 stick looks very tasty though, I wouldn't mind nicking it off someone's unit were I to get hold of one.

- Alex

Well, I like the mk2 one -the one with the bump in the middle. It's the $.99 one that someone linked to play-asia. I got the cap with "GP2X" printed sideways on it with Payback too and I thought I liked that one more, but actually it makes the stick up too high for my liking. I was having trouble controlling other fast-paced games with it, so I switched back.

Maybe I'm being over cautious, but better safe than sorry.
How do you remove the stick to place a new one? I image u just pull it off, but I don't wanna risk it incase thats the wrong way.

Pull it off, but don't yank it off, pull it slowly and carefully.

- Alex

I assume twisting it would make it easier to pull it off without yanking it off. I never really took the cap off, it just came off once when I put it in my backpack, and I just poopped it back on. Therefore I assumed that pulling it off is equally easy.

- Alex

I have used all 4 caps.
The MK1 cap (the nub). Not good at all.
The DaveC cap. Very good, hard plastic though.
The GP2x worded cap, not good, very slick, uses the gp2x for only real friction.
The current cap (the nipple), very good, rubberized, my personal favorite.

The last two are available at gp2xstore.com for like $5.

Are there two different versions of the nipple? I think I saw a rough looking one somewhere.

Are there two different versions of the nipple? I think I saw a rough looking one somewhere.

:lol: "The Nipple" :lol:

Anyway .. it seems so; I have the non-rubberized version. I'll have to get a couple of the new ones .. I'm not sure the ones at gp2xstore.com are the rubberized ones or not. Play Asia might have them .. hmm.

.. though nothing beats the DaveC cap I'm using. Toward the end of his 'production run', he seemed to make the diameter smaller, making for a more precise fit under my thumb. It rocks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyway .. it seems so; I have the non-rubberized version. I'll have to get a couple of the new ones .. I'm not sure the ones at gp2xstore.com are the rubberized ones or not. Play Asia might have them .. hmm.

Yeah, I want to try the rubber nipple one! :D

Let me know if you find out for sure where to get them. I have the mk2 like you Lou and it's just plastic.

yay rubber nipples:
rs004.jpg

yeah i got mine from gp2xstore as well. i got one of each of the two ones (just recently lost my mk1 "classic" cap)...don't know what they're made of but they're definitely stiff rather than bendy or anything. and i like the nipple cap better than the one with the gp2x text...the latter looks nicer but my thumb seems to slide off of it more. but a lot of people like it. depends on your thumb i guess.

Back