Replacing A Flu Screen

sammster001

Website
Visit site
I am writing to ask how do you replace a flu screen or is it possible at all?

I am also thinking of sending it in to mashmods to have a glass screen installed (if you can replace a FLU screen of course) Do you recommed this purchase and is it worth saving a few quid and doing it myself :lol:

erm, I don't think it can be replaced, possible to repair it maybe. You can send an e-mail to mashmods and ask... very quick response from them :)

The FLU, _can_ be replaced, there is a company that sells flu screens the same size as the GP32. The catch, however, is you have to order them in bulk (like 300+ screens). Maybe you can search ebay or online sites and try and find someone who is reselling these individually (good luck). Other than that, the FLU cannot really be replaced.

Exactly:
hohotech <-- this is the company that made the FLU for the GP32.

Perhaps it's just a broken wire, which can be easily repaired.

Nope. That's the point here; Hahatech was the company that manufactured the FLU for the GP32 ... and the minimum order was/is 300 units. They only sell to companys I guess...

okay i think i worded my sentence in a way which could be easily misunderstood. I hope the replies already recieved aren't the answers i was looking for. This is my question reworded.

I have a FLU GP32. My plastic screen is scratched and i want to replace it with a glass one. The back of the screen has a light attached to it (duh). The strip with the lights on looks like it can just be peeled off and put on another screen.

Is it possible to just peel off the strip, take out the screen, put in another screen (glass) and reattach the strip in the correct place.

note: i thank any possible incorrect responses anyway ;)

as far as i know you just follow out exactly the same instructions as for a non-FLU (on the mashmods.com site) I do not believe you have to remove the FLU or anything like that....

Whay don't you email mashmods as they are qick to respond, and i personally paid for them to do it rather than do it myself.

DO not ATTEMPT THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Big mistake.
My flu was full of unmetioned double sided sticky tape and the shell was a different shape than the guide

Well he could always send it to mashmods then...

Back