Screen Cover Replacing

DRK

Hey!
I want to replace the screen cover of my FLU with a Glass screen, but i fear that i destroy my FLU!
I already tried to remove the cover because i have some dust under the screen but i didnt get it.
I also already took a look at this but i wont help me.

HELP!!!

i have replaced my screen with that glass screen and i had no probleme, you can trust the tutoriel, dont worry you wont broke your gp32

edit : i just saw the pictures are not disaplyed, thats why it wont help you ?, ask the webmaster of gp32z for the photo ...

have faith in all that you do, also have faith in the internet and the gp32 community (the person who wrote the tutorial). Be careful but not to careful because it will put up some resistance when removeing the grey plastic. Also I never followed the tutorial word for word. I actually removed the plastic with a knife which slid in between the white plastic and grey surrounding !! Did the job but left a small scratch on the grey plastic (I dont really care personally but some might). I would do it by the tutorial because if you own the glass screen already you shouldnt be worried about grabbing a screwdriver and hacking away at the plastic screen near the grey surrounding to pull it off. Like I said though there will be resistance (sticky tape holding it down) you will here it when giveing it the final pull !! You wont regret once you done this though !! Gets rid of that crap discoloured scratched up piece of plastic !!!

first of all, I suggest using a razorblade to remove the grey cover cause you can slide it in and push in towards the screen a bit and pull up and it'll slide up without too much damage. Another thing is for a FLU you need the light guide and unless you can either figure a way to get it off the plastic and put it on the glass or get a new light guide it'll somewhat dampen the FLU lighting effectiveness.

Hooka posted on Sep 19 2005 at 12:49 AM said:
damage. Another thing is for a FLU you need the light guide and unless you can either figure a way to get it off the plastic and put it on the glass or get a new light guide it'll somewhat dampen the FLU lighting effectiveness.

That's the first time I've heard mention of the fact that this procedure isn't as straightforward with an FLU. Having attempted to replace my FLU's plastic screen with a glass one last week, I've been unable to get the light to work any more.

How does the "light guide" work? I didn't even notice that there was one...

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
critical posted on Sep 19 2005 at 11:54 AM said:
Hooka posted on Sep 19 2005 at 12:49 AM said:
damage. Another thing is for a FLU you need the light guide and unless you can either figure a way to get it off the plastic and put it on the glass or get a new light guide it'll somewhat dampen the FLU lighting effectiveness.

That's the first time I've heard mention of the fact that this procedure isn't as straightforward with an FLU. Having attempted to replace my FLU's plastic screen with a glass one last week, I've been unable to get the light to work any more.

How does the "light guide" work? I didn't even notice that there was one...

Any pointers greatly appreciated!
I have taken the plastic screen from my FLU to remove some dust and didn't have any problems at all. The light guide is not attached to the plastic screen or grey cover.

Most people having problems with the light after opening a FLU have accidentally disconnected one of the wires connected to the lights on/off button but this only happens after opening the GP32.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back