Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder
Staff member
Website
pokeparadox.itch.io
WEBSITE
https://github.com/pokeparadox
YOUTUBE
pokeparadox
Hi, you may have seen my other thread where my GP2X stik died... I've tried and tried to get the stick to "pop" back into place and now it definately seems worse and looser than before :(

In anycase I intend to get a DPad mod, but I believe that the click-stick functionality should be retained (as I've said several times when someone with a mod complains over the stick button being used.)

The point is I'm having trouble locating a button/switch that suits the job. And one distributer I found only deals with businesses rather than individuals. I basically want a small button that could be mounted on the rear case of the console and be pressed with the left index finger. :)

If anyone know where I could find a suitable button, I'd be most grateful!

hmmm, the only thing I can seem to find is this: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...doy=25m1#prices

I think it's what I need but that page is confusing to what's what...

each part no. relates to a different height button (the centre bit). you'll probably want the smallest.
These switches have very little travel (0.25mm, as they are designed to have a button on a outer shell to push them) so may cause a problem, how about this one push switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've no idea how small it means by small, that's the only problem I can see. Maybe I should just plunge in and hope for the best... What do you reckon?

EDIT: I'm thinking the smaller picture is supposed to be lifesize... so it *might* be a plausible button... hmmm
(PS OMG my exams are over WOOHOO!!!!!!)

at a guess i would say less than 10mm diameter.

do you have a maplins next to you? they sometimes have more choice in-store.

good to hear you survived exams.

Hi, you may have seen my other thread where my GP2X stik died... I've tried and tried to get the stick to "pop" back into place and now it definately seems worse and looser than before :(

I feel your pain as I am in exactly the same position as of yesterday. I am not very good with fiddly things like electronics so I don't know what I am going to do yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
My joystick stuck in the clicked down position so it just flopped around and stopped making contact, held it gently upright and gave it a good flick with my middle finger and thumped it back into working order, hasn't happened again, must have about 300 hours on it now.

Back