Pandora Repo: updating a PND with a different filename

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
I made a typo in the filename of a PND I put on the repo, now I want to update it but with the right filename, and I need to know what can happen to everyone who already have it.

1) If there are 2 PNDs with different filenames but with the same PXML (with different version) which of the two will be run ?

2) Is PNDManager able to manage a new filename deleting the old one during update ?

(And PNDStore ?)

Thanks

The update is done based on pkg ID not the file name, so as long as the version number increases and the pkg ID is the same PNDManager will tell people they have an app update.

The update is done based on pkg ID not the file name, so as long as the version number increases and the pkg ID is the same PNDManager will tell people they have an app update.

Ok, this is for recognising the update, and it's good, but when the file is downloaded, the file with the previous version will not be overwritten, so the result is having 2 files with the same program on the same directory, and my concern is if the older one will be used on the menu instead of the newer one by the Pandora after the scan

Last edited by a moderator:
The old file will be deleted lol pndmanager replaces the old pnd even if it has different file name, as I said the pkgID is important not the file name.

ah, great, so with PNDManager is not a problem. ^_^

So I just have to advise anyone who download it by the browser, but maybe they do know how to delete a file ^_^

Back