GP2X Resources For Learning C++?

quadomatic

DingooWiki Admin
Website
www.opendingoo.com
I think I may want to just go ahead and learn C++ for developing on GP2X. I have a decent amount of Java experience, so I guess that'll help.

Can someone point me in the direction of tutorials or something?

Thanks

Thanks

Any resources for setting up so I can compile stuff for GP2X?

I'm in linux, but if its necessary, I have a windows xp virtual machine installed, so I can work on that as well.

I read that the Open2X toolchain is the latest. So, I should install that? Is the guide in the wiki fine?

quadomatic said:
Thanks

Any resources for setting up so I can compile stuff for GP2X?

I'm in linux, but if its necessary, I have a windows xp virtual machine installed, so I can work on that as well.

I read that the Open2X toolchain is the latest. So, I should install that? Is the guide in the wiki fine?
Being a Windows user, I recommend that you get the CodeBlocks pre-configured SDK by yaustar from here. It should contain all you need to start. These days I am getting into SDK following the Lazy Foo SDK tutorials, which may interest you too.

Good luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
quadomatic said:
I decided to install Eclipse w/CDT. I don't know where my compiler is though...can someone help me?
I don't have Eclipse yet but I am learning C++ myself and I would love to have someone to collaborate with who is interested in the GP2X.

I've been slacking lately, but I am currently trying to port <a href="http://tvision.sourceforge.net/">Turbo Vision</a> to modern Windows compilers. My hope is that once completed I'll be able to compile console-based programs for Windows, DOS, Mac and Linux (including the GP2X).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back