Retro Offline Tournament launched! Sign up and get playing now!

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
This is a new competitive 'league', for the OPBoards and GP32x boards to hang out in. We're going to play retro games (think SNES, Genesis etc) and, with biweekly score submission and seasonal leaderboards, etc.

IT is being designed so that you can play even if you don't have a tonne of time to burn; check it out, and its all up for discussion. Let us know if you like/dislike the format and want changes, or love it and just want to go go go :)

I do not want to exclude Caanoo/Wiz etc, so it is hosted at gp32x instead of here -- certainly we want a large Pandora base, but we want a wide net of people to fight with, so Caanoo/Wiz/Gp2x/PSP etc are all welcome.

I imagine most of us here came from gp32x forum anyway, but if not, please sign up over there; its painless, and one of the best homes for indie coders and retro players around:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/forum/107-gp32-offline-gaming-league/

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
So.. what would keep anyone from just submitting a score of 10 billion, wheter he really did it or not? I mean, screenshots, esp. of retro games, can easely be edited to increase the score.

B-Zar .. you've got a GP2x, Wiz, Canoo, PSP .. even a PC in a pinch will do ;)

And yeah, sometimes you just have to trust people and try to have some fun. If it all goes down the shitter, well fine, I tried to pull it goether and we blew a couple nights on threads/chat/IRC/bugging-ED.. I think we can accept the loss. The thign is.. we try, give the community something more to do :)

jeff

I'm there, and I've put in a couple of suggestions for future games, too. :D This should be fun.

Sure, just post in the official score-submission post, then edit your post as you see fit.

Then when trhe next round begins, the Scorekeeper can tally it all up and post the rounds results.

No problem, laid back by design :)

jeff

Round 1 ends on Feb 12th. Still time to sneak a score in round one, even a crap score gets you points. No score posted means no points for you that round, however, your worst score for a round gets dropped at the end of the season. So no worries if you can't squeeze in a game by the end of the week. That is, if you even care about the points, you could play just to play :)

Come join us, we're having a ball playing old school games competitively again. So much more fun than just going through the motions with old games. Plus you are forced to try great games that you may never have played otherwise.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/forum/107-gp32-offline-gaming-league/

Games open till the 12th:

Arcade (MAME/MAME4ALL/whatever) - Willow, or,

SNES - Super Aleste/Space Megaforce

Scoring -- pick one to submit your best score for; we'll use Fair Highscore as in FAQ.

Play on normal difficulty, and of course, no cheats enabled.

Willow is an arcade run and jump and shoot platformer; very pretty artwork and great gameplay and audio.

Super Aleste/Space Megaforce is a famous SNES shmup, with great artwork and level design, yet accessible (not like bullet hell games). Thing Raiden but well done in console.

Willow:

3167_1.png

https://www.youtube.com/embed/SpmEaffVnQI?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to start playing! I'll have my Pandora within an hour or so (it's at my post office, just need to pick it up)!

Note that you can use PAndora, Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo, PSP, the real machines, your laptop/desktop, whatever. Its more about having fun than being jerks about the requirements :)

jeff

I will reignite my login there when I got my pandora and defo joining the battle

if we playing the snes/megadrive era then I should know and have played at least some of the games

nice one organisers! ;)

Back