Anyone Want A Gp32 Offline Gaming League? Discuss!

Do you like the idea of an offline retro gaming league?

• Crappy idea, don't do it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm playing WoW and hate my life

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pickle -- only if you're in! I will crush Teh Pickz at R-Type!

/me slams gauntlet-encrusted fist on desk (and says 'ow!' under his breath, wheezes, tells some kids to get off his lawn)

jeff

skeezix said:
pickle -- only if you're in! I will crush Teh Pickz at R-Type!

/me slams gauntlet-encrusted fist on desk (and says 'ow!' under his breath, wheezes, tells some kids to get off his lawn)

jeff

already said I was :rolleyes: (you old geezer cant remember)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we could have a small committee that votes on the games to be chosen? That way, the responsibility of the suggested admin is split across multiple users and it can still function if one or two of them are busy. That committee could also be the mods for that Subforum.

-God Ginrai

Should have the subboard created and my temporary modship settled soon, so we'll kick off soon!

I'm figuring along the lines eluded to above with some suggestiongs by Chrostoph I think it was..

Maybe somethign like a sliding window -- while a game is being played for its two weeks (call it period 1), then in discussion now are scoring for games already picked for period 2, and discussing what game to be for period 3.

ie: Discussing upcoming game (2 periods from now) and scoring (for next period), sliding along.

To start I think that means that I will dictator-select gthe first game period, maybe the first two (with some voting on the second set real quick?), and then we can begin the cycle with picking the third periods set in proper form, while discussing scoring for the second set.

But maybe thats too much discussion and not enough playing, in which case its just .. current game and discuss future, with admin making final choice.

We'll see, first 'season' will be a trainwreck I'm sure, but gotta try and see and modify as you go :)

jeff

Sounds great, can't wait to get started. just to be clear, we should wait for the new sub forum to discuss scoring and what-not, correct?

I'm gonna see if my buddy wants to join also, it'll be even more fun to shit talk in person :)

yeah, wait for the new subforum, and I'll then push everyone to join up.

I will create a few topics and pin-ups to define how I expect to proceed (at least to start with, until we change the rules as we see makes for most fun.) I've got scoring and such defined already (for game 1 and 2 maybe) and we'll chat it over for subsequent games.

But feel free to nominate a couple games for 1st- and 2nd-period now :) There are just so many great games ;) (For games 1 and 2 I figure to keep to straight shooters or platformers, games with pure 'score'), to make them easy to rate until we get going.

I had thought for game-set-1 to be Super Ghouls and Ghosts (SNES) and maybe R-TYpe 1 or Parodius (TG16) (say), but I've not worried about game-set-2 yet. I also need to make sure SGnG and Parodius work well on (say) Pandora/Caanoo/Wiz just to be decent :)

jeff

skeezix said:
yeah, wait for the new subforum, and I'll then push everyone to join up.

I will create a few topics and pin-ups to define how I expect to proceed (at least to start with, until we change the rules as we see makes for most fun.) I've got scoring and such defined already (for game 1 and 2 maybe) and we'll chat it over for subsequent games.

But feel free to nominate a couple games for 1st- and 2nd-period now :) There are just so many great games ;) (For games 1 and 2 I figure to keep to straight shooters or platformers, games with pure 'score'), to make them easy to rate until we get going.

I had thought for game-set-1 to be Super Ghouls and Ghosts (SNES) and maybe R-TYpe 1 or Parodius (TG16) (say), but I've not worried about game-set-2 yet. I also need to make sure SGnG and Parodius work well on (say) Pandora/Caanoo/Wiz just to be decent :)

jeff

Sounds good. I like the sliding window system. Pipelining is always efficient. :p

-God Ginrai

Everyone note.. the league is now open for business; first games are posted, you've got a little over 2 weeks to submit your scores, and time to discuss and nominate the upcoming games :)

Head on over to..

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/forum/107-gp32-offline-gaming-league/

jeff

Back