Update Retroarch 1.7.3

I gave up trying to optimise the shaders. I instead began investigating the soft filters.
Attached are the neon soft filters contained in the retroarch git compiled for pandora. extract them to filters and change them using the video menu. It includes scale2x which seems to be running fast enough. Just sharing the love!

Attachments

• filters.7z
    31.4 KB · Views: 366
Nice !!

I would include them on next release.
If you could post a link to the sources it would great, so i can maintain it, ;)

Changelog

- Latest Retroarch stable release, compiled with latest beta codeblocks.pnd command line.
- Updated lots of cores, see list below.
- Compiled Filters on filters PND, default config changed, but current users should edit retroarch.cfg on appdata folder. Thx to PokeParadox for the info.
- More info: https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-7-3-released/

Updated:

beetle-supergrafx (SuperGrafx) 0d4d964
FBAlpha (Arcade) 469a2ac
Genesis-Plus-GX (Megadrive) b2667eb
gpsp (GBA) 2500283
handy (Atari Lynx) debca1e
mgba (GBA) c9ac2548
MRBoom 4.5 (Game) 68e0b9c
SCUMMVM 2.0.0 3a9d1f574a
nxengine (Cave Story) ff2a938
Snes9x2010 (SNES) fc2457e

Last edited:
I just cannot, for the life of me, get this to recognize face buttons on my Rebirth. Everything works fine in PCSX Rearmed, gpSP, Picodrive, GBC.Emu as well as many others, but Retroarch just completely ignores the face buttons. I cannot even get into the UI to reconfigure them because it completely ignores any other keypresses other than the DPad. If I manually reconfigure some of the buttons to other keyboard buttons ahead of time, those get recognized, but not the ABXY buttons?

Apologies if Necromancing a thread.

I haven't used Retroarch, but make sure that your Pandora is not "locked" (power switch locked in left position).

I haven't used Retroarch, but make sure that your Pandora is not "locked" (power switch locked in left position).

It's not, and the buttons work fine everywhere else. If I try using EmulationStation and try the mapping, they actually work within the UI itself showing that the buttons are working (Albeit showing PageUp/Down/Home/End as expected) but not within any games and the same behavior is exhibited in Retroarch by itself. It's as if Retroarch just doesn't see these buttons at all.

If I remap regular buttons on the keyboard, I can make the UI work, but then they don't pass those buttons to the games either. There's definitely something wonky on the Rebirth, but they work fine everywhere else. Which is a pity because I would really like to see this work as a one-stop shop solution for emulating, and the emulators seem to work great for as well as they work.

You need to install install SGX 4.10 GPU beta drivers, as per this https://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=retroarch_ptitseb (read comments at the end)

Huh. Did that earlier and it didn't work, reverted and rebooted again and it worked this time. Only thing is, I keep getting background 'flicker' of the desktop from time to time every couple of seconds, which seems to be causing framerate issues too. I like where this is going and the one stop shop idea. Merits further development maybe.

Is anybody planning to release an updated RetroArch port? If yes, can you please include MelonDS as a core? I want to test how well it runs on Pandora compared to DraStic. For science.

I have been messing around with RetroArch and am fascinated with the netplay option. Now I have 2 Pandoras and have been able to test the current netplay feature. For one yes it does work and I have been able to link up successfully with nes and a few others. One thing I have noticed is that the Retroarch netplay server screen does not pop up allowing the user to see others hosting games whereas my pc version does. Also when I connect to my other Pandora the controls seem to be bound to the same controller. If anyone wants to work on this I would be happy to test.

RetroArch now at version 1.8.6. Pandora port still at 1.7.3. Sigh :(

Canseco hasn't been seen on the boards for over a year. I'm losing hope that I will see an updated RA on Pandora.

UPDATE: I have just discovered that MelonDS is open source. https://github.com/Arisotura/melonDS Would it be easier to port the emulator directly instead of porting RA? (I don't have the skills to port this myself)

RetroArch now at version 1.8.6. Pandora port still at 1.7.3. Sigh :(

You might give Slackware a try. Slackbuilds for Arm currently support RetroArch 1.7.7
Linux-SWAT is still around in case you run into difficulties or maybe even can assist to install the latest version.

You might give Slackware a try. Slackbuilds for Arm currently support RetroArch 1.7.7
Linux-SWAT is still around in case you run into difficulties or maybe even can assist to install the latest version.
Thanks for the tip. I don't want to switch to another OS on my Pandora however.

Back