GP32 Rf Multiplayer Programming

asimo

Still Fresh
Hello guys,

I need help for programming multiplayer games on GP32. I have two GP32 with RF links.
Unfortunately, I can't find any useful information on the web.
There is no documentation on how to use RF functionality.
The gpsdk_api_ref 2.1.5 is only mentions COMM_PORT_RF (which is actually COMM_APP_RF).
There is no explanation, no examples. Simply creating a commport (GpCommCreate) and
sending/receiving bytes on it (comm_send[_one], comm_recv[_one]) was not work.

When searching with Google, the only site which has COMM_APP_RF is:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...565&mode=linear
There is a source code in the forum, but it is weird, no comments and did not work for me.

Very few free programs exist for GP32 which have multiplayer support.
Maybe the guys who made such games could help:

Black-, Thomas Geisler (author of RFlib and GPengine)
Giffel, Martin Geisler (author of GPasteroids)

I didn't find any source code for their programs.
(GPasteroids is very cool - I played it in multiplayer mode which is great)

GeneticNova, Michael Heinemann (author of Jump'n'Bump)

His website is http://geneticnova.ath.cx/
Sadly, the game doesn't work in multiplayer mode. When I select multiplayer mode on
both GP32 the game freezes.

He had a site for rlfib which is actually not exist, but I found it via archive.org.
Unfortunately, only gamerf.h and a small reference (for the functions) can be found.

I sent emails for these guys, but I receive no response.
(Maybe they left the GP32 scene)

Last edited by a moderator:
gpjnb does work, you just have to download the absolutely newest version from the gp32x archive (www.gp32x.de) it work amazing imo, a little slowdown is present once in awhile but other than that it's very good.

As for rflib.h, that is part of what you're looking for but I don't think the other half was ever publically released...

*note: just found this! Don Miguel's post ;)*

I think I'll have a look at working this into some stuff and see how it goes ;)

Yes, indeed. This new 0.46a version has fixed multiplayer problem. Thanks, it's great! I killed many bunnies. :)

I downloaded fw157e.txt somewhere from the web, and I found that COMM_APP_RF is just a hack, in fact it's COMM_PORT_0. I didn't found any special RF code in the firmware. I think the RF module does the trick.
I wonder whether it's similar to serial cable communication between two GP32.

BTW, I found Petiso's NETpong which supports RF and serial cable network play:
Netpong 0.4

Unfortunately, there's no source code.

There is (was) RF-Link doc from Gamepark, but unfortunately the gameparkdev site is closed.
The gp32.com site has a non-working Software Development Kit download link.

Maybe, somebody has the RF-Link doc:

"GP released USB Drivers, EXT Connector English docs, PC-Link 1.2 English Doc" - quote from Don Miguel
GP released PC-Link Engl Doc - on ezboard

"believe me, I've made 4 players multiplayer game" - quote from Don Miguel
Will we ever see multiplayer in the future? - on gp32x.de

"There are also RF-Link docs from our belowed Gamepark.. I can look around as I remember seeing those on my HD once.." - quote from mr.spiv
RF module examples question - on gp32x.de

There's a Jump'n'Bump port in the archive, which has RF-link support. The source code should be available as well (I think the original is GPL licensed). Maybe it can give you some hints... :)

EDIT: Appearently, I was wrong; the source code was not available, but maybe you can ask the author provide you with it (or the knowledge of how to program the RF-link).

EDIT2: Sorry; appearently, I can't read either... ;) Ignore this post. :rolleyes:

Talyz

Back