Riot Tag-Team Coding Competition

u9i

Call me Uni
Website
riotdigital.com
logo_160_black.png

Announcement
I have decided to organize a cross-platform coding competition for our favorite handhelds. Of course, every competition must have some conditions, and this one requires you to team up with one or more of your fellow members to produce a game. We hope this will bring people together and spur collaboration across platforms and professions.

Genre
There is no limit to genre, but it has to be a game, new and original, so no ports or emulators.

Platforms
You can submit a game for the following platforms: Pandora, Caanoo, Wiz, Dingux. You can also submit your game for several of the platforms.

Prizes
I have put up 100 euro to the winner and I hope you will donate more to the prize pool, so we can provide prizes for 2nd-4th place as well. The prize pool is common between the platforms.

Submitting
You have to submit by the end of 25th June 2011. Details on how to submit will be posted on the website later.

Voting
Members of the communities will rank their favorite games, and this will be used to determine the winner.
After the submission deadline, all games will be made available for download, and members of the community can rank their favorites until end of 8th July 2011.

Winner
The winners will be announced 10th July 2011 and will receive their prize on 17th July 2011.

More info
For more help getting started, please visit www.riotdigital.com . Also, you can post request for team members on our very own Job Office

Good luck and have fun :)

Last edited by a moderator:
seems to be a very nice competition from the very beginning. i'm looking forward to take part :)

Hey, why not for the gp2x, too? :p

Nevertheless, I will develop at least one game, too :)

Hi Ziz,

I have made a small FAQ to help explain the most commonly asked questions: http://www.riotdigital.com/ttcc2011/?page=FAQ

I do hope you will make your game run on gp2x too, if possible. I still have mine, but lately the Caanoo is getting all my attention ;)

Also, I wanna commend the decision to require collaboration. That's an inspired choice! That's also something this community desperately needs.

u9i said:
Hi Ziz,

I have made a small FAQ to help explain the most commonly asked questions: http://www.riotdigital.com/ttcc2011/?page=FAQ

I do hope you will make your game run on gp2x too, if possible. I still have mine, but lately the Caanoo is getting all my attention ;)
Thx for the FAQ.

I don't know, whether you followed the openpandora-contest. I always try to develop for all handhelds of the RIOT-contest and the gp2x, too.

So I WILL make my game run on gp2x, too, as long as my gp2x works. :)

greetings, Ziz

just another question ... are we allowed to release some beta to the public before, or do we need to wait until the contest deadline?

crow_riot said:
just another question ... are we allowed to release some beta to the public before, or do we need to wait until the contest deadline?
You may release a beta, the only restriction is that you must not release an update after the voting period has begun (and not yet ended).
Nobody will keep you from testing your game ;)

BlackCurtain said:
Does it have to be a full game or is it allowed to submit a demo as well?
Sure, a demo is just as fine, but make sure it contains playable elements and is not "just" a video packaged as a program.
Also note that people will more likely vote for finished products and not products which might turn out to be good in the future.

foxblock out

Hey guys,

So who is going to participate (or is planning to)?

Anyone missing someone to work with etc?

I would like to encourage everyone to create a thread for your game and keep a public profile. I am working on a some mid-way bonus prize, although i haven't decided what or who to award it to. Also, remember that it is the public who is voting, so keeping people informed and interested in your game could benefit in the end :) not to mention all the benefits for the competition itself such as more participants, more donations (<-click me!) and more exposure etc.

Let me know how it is going.

/Uni

I'm in, teamed up with Mr. Crow.
I donated too! I'm such a good community member :rolleyes:

i'll leave it up to Mr.Peter to show off what we have and what we want to achieve :p

I posted my offer here. I can do animations and graphics, if anyone needs them. Also technically music, but I haven't made music that loops before, so probably not a good idea for videogames.

Hi everyone.

I've decided to make a small blog on the website in order to keep people up-to-date on the competition. It has an rss feed, so feel free to bookmark to keep current, as it is impossible for me to spread news to every corner of the internet :) Many places i cannot even figure out how to log in, other places i cannot post links, so please spread the word.

First order of business: Prize pool (<-- save the pandas) has reached 300 Euro.

Regards
Uni

P.s. I hope no one gets offended by the panda joke :)

New blog post: http://www.riotdigital.com/ttcc2011/

If you want to keep up-to-date, subscribe to the RSS feed: http://www.riotdigital.com/rss.xml

Back