Rockbox: How Do You Create Playlists?

Kumaki

I am not sure how you go about creating playlists in Rockbox...anyone with more experience using Rockbox can help, would be appreciated.

Also...is there any way to update the database, after you have done it the one time? I mean, short of deleting all the files in the .rockbox folder except .nvram?

Because, otherwise, you can't add anything, and have it then show up in the database.

I'm not experienced with Rockbox, but this sounds like it should help you: http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/DataBase

The only thing that makes me doubt is the fact, that this info was pretty easy to find and thus you might have found it (useless) yourself already.

I noticed that there are many different manuals for different Rockbox-devices, so the GUI of Rockbox seem to vary a lot. Still you could try something like this: http://www.anythingb...ead.php?t=68118

I just tried the RockBox-version that I have installed on my Pandora and the controls seem to be a bit weird to me.

When I start RB the menu comes up. I can choose for example "Now Playing" to start playback. To get back to the menu I press "C", then the menu shows up again, but I can't do anything. I can press "C" again and now I am able to select stuff again.

To create a playlist I noticed that I can touch and hold on the entry "Playlist Catalogue", there I can select "Create Playlist" and am left with a menu that seems so awkward on the first look, that I didn't feel like trying any further. ;)

For my purposes I will stick to MPD and NCMPCPP (or Sonata).

LOL, I gave up on Rockbox. I found Audacious to be way better for the purposes of creating a playlist. I'll still keep Rockbox, but it goes to the menu, and Audacious goes to the desktop, ya know? Like, Audacious will be my primary music player.

See, I have been asking questions like this hoping to find some apps recommended by other users, and it has generated a few interesting things. There really should be a stickied list somewhere of highly-recommended apps, where you could click a link to a write-up on that particular app...and n that write up would be a download link.

This would make the user board way friendly, I think. But it would be a pretty awesome undertaking.

But, seeing what this community has produced....I think it could be done...if enough people think it's a good idea.

Back