ROTT destroys SMC

mr twit

A can of spam!
Website
www.mmmpie.co.uk
I just put ROTT on my 128mb smc, and it ran perfectly, but when I turned the GP32 off and on again, the entire smc had been erased. Is this a problem with ROTT, my SMC, my GP32, or what? Anyone else experience this?

Oh, and I had multifirmware on, do I have to reinstall it now?

.....ROTT works fine, what versoin of the maps and shit are you using, USA/JAPAN version or the EUROPE/AUSTRALIA version ??? Im using the AUSTARLIAN version i got it from my cousin with his old 1994 computer in adeliade 2 years ago. I used to have the USA version but that was a warez from my dads friend....Wait a minute nobody cares about how I got...anyway it could be what versoin you have

U must wait after quitting the game... The famous black screen doesn't means ROTT is hang. ROTT rewrites configuration files and powering off at this time may corrupt ur smc file table, i think. sMC corruption is a *well known* problem of the gp32

oh..cool and they have ported it to the GP32. Or is it emulated.

Thanks for the replies, I put it on again, tried it and quit from the menu, and it works. So am I right in thinking that you have to quit from the menu every time you want to turn the GP32 off while playing ROTT?

i just go 2 the menu + turn off. I find the rule is 2 never turn off your gp when theres a black screen i tend 2 do it at either menu's or in game when everything has been loaded into the ram

twit you can power off your gp32 inside the game, in the menu... but just in the quit black screen you don't coz rott is updating config files in the smc

Back