Running other OS's in a VM on the Pandora

Grench

Forum Addict!
OK, it's been a while since I'd suggested running a Wine or VM style system on the Pandora so that we could install alternate Operating Systems to fiddle with on it.

Someone did it on the Galazy tab.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/29/ubuntu-demonstrated-running-on-galaxy-tab-10-1-summarily-dubbed/

So - to me that means that they have an ARM VM right?

So - what would stop us from using said ARM VM to run Ubuntu on a Pandora? Or maybe running Android as a VM or ... etc...

Who's going to be the first to package an Ubuntu_VM.PND?

The Galaxy Tab has a dual-core 1ghz processor and twice the RAM of the Pandora. It's much easier to get a VM working on a machine like that than it would be on the Pandora.

It's enough to get an alternate OS (like say, Android) working as it is, let alone an OS running in a VM running on top of the regular OS.

the android way of doing it isn't actually running a vm, it's just a busybox + x server + vnc setup made to look like an ubuntu install, bit silly if you ask me

there's the debian extend if you want something like that, or even run windows in dosbox :p

Didn't somebody port qemu over to the Pandora?

Thought I recall seeing windows 3.11 running via qemu on a Pandora at some point.

Didn't somebody port qemu over to the Pandora?

Thought I recall seeing windows 3.11 running via qemu on a Pandora at some point.
It does run, even win 95 does. The win XP installation does, but I don't recall it was fast enough to actually finish the install.

Back