Salvaging a broken Pandora

DFP

So about two weeks after I got my pandora, I got the purple tint problem, made the bad choice of opening it up myself to tweak it and after several attempts, the case cracked where a screw would hold it shut and the little brown flap that holds down the lcd cable broke off. in addition, the lcd cable itself probably needs replacing. today it's pretty much a black screen. i looked into making a video out cable, but I don't think that would work out of the box and the connector is too crazy small to solder myself.

-Also, I think the microphone snapped off, but that's not important to me.

I can buy a replacement case and cable since I remember it being offered somewhere for sale, but knowing that the little brown flap that holds the lcd cable is snapped off, I don't know that it would help since I'm assuming it has to be held firm in place in order to work.

Is there any way to work around this? Right now I basically got a working pocket computer without a monitor.

This news brakes my heart when I read this.

I am sorry for your temporary loss.

I know this does not help you much.

Keep at it then!!

Cheers :)

Ouch. The exact same thing happened to me. :(

A credit card (or other similar plastic) cut to the exact size rectangle and held in place with a bit of electrical tape worked beautifully for almost 2 months, then it just putz out. I tried replacing the card, the tape, the cable, nothing seemed to bring it back.

You can try the credit card trick to hold the ribbon cable down. It might last longer than mine did. Maybe you can talk to EvilDragon, ask about swapping your board for a new one, for a fee of course. In theory, that one small part is an easy thing for the factory to fix.

And you're right about the TV out cable not working out of the box, it needs to be activated.

If you wanna try repairing yours by yourself by buying new parts, like a new case and a new lcd cable, throw me a PM, as i've repaired mine 3 days ago, and now works like a charm!

Back