Samba Will Not Work

vbuser1338

Still Fresh
I could view my gp2x files using samba on my computer but I edited smb.conf on my gp2x to change the network name and I think I saved it in the wrong encoding or something because I cannot connect anymore. I followed the tutorial at Tcp/ip over usb. It says if you can telnet the network works 100% but I can telnet but cannot connect using \\10.1.0.2 like I could before. When I try to connect I get an error saying \\10.1.0.2 is not accessible. You might not have the permissions to access this network resource. Is there a way to replace this file even though I cannot view my gp2x?

Thanks,
vbuser

make a script on your sd card to copy the file from nand to your sd card, edit and then make another script to copy it back.

or, use a serial cable and leave out the script creation stuff.

Thanks for the help. I put original in the nand using usb connection and copied it to replace the old one but I still get the same error. I don't remember doing anything besides changing that before it stopped working so I don't know what I did. Does anyone know what I can do to fix it so I can use samba again?

[Edit] I have fixed the problem. I was editing the wrong smb.conf file. I was editing the one in /usr/local/samba/lib but the one in /etc/samba was the one that was corrupted. I can now view my files on my gp2x and now have to see if I can get mounting my computer from my gp2x to work.

Thanks,
vbuser

I cannot get the samba client working now. I get a Network is Unreachable message now. I tried pinging my gp2x and that works, but pinging my computer from my gp2x does not. I get the same "Network is unreachable" message again. I have disabled my firewall but that did not fix it. Does anyone know something I can try to fix this?

[Edit]
I fixed the problem, I bridged the local area connection and my gp2x.

Thanks,
vbuser

Back