SanDisk announces 512GB SDXC card (not micro)

When you're moving data around (e.g. making a backup or copying something from one card to another), there is never such a thing as "fast enough". Moving 500GB of data at 95MB/s takes about 1.5 hours. Is that too slow? Depends on your patience, I guess.
This is actually what I was trying to avoid by using the word practical, but it is a valid argument.  I meant things like games and media consumption, where you are likely to be out and using your Pyra.  I suppose some people might copy 500GB while sitting on a bus or something.

For things like video playback etc, that read speed is more than enough -- it's even enough for uncompressed 720p video.
Good to know, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally was waiting for new cards for quite some time.

With the 256 GB cards announced for about 2 Years now and only Lexar (400$) and PNY (150$) selling them  I was wondering why there are not more 256 GB cards out there already for a better price.

Seems like Sandisk skipped the 256 GB cards and went straight for the 512 GB ones.

Maybe they will be affordable in about one year.

I want to get a second 256 Gb card for the Pyra at first I think.

The PNY Cards are pretty cheap, the price of the Lexar cards is still ridiculous high.

WizardStan makes all kinds of quotes. You can't depend on him for that to make it happen.

Back