Satellite Reign

Hmm, looks like Syndicate with a more local focus (and DRM free, yeah)... I would like to see a little more about the ingame mechanics in action > a lot of games sound great on paper, but usually these are written before the designers are confronted with the harsh reality of whats really possible with a certain budget in both money and time. But its something I'll definately keep an eye on > thanks for posting this.

Hmm, looks like Syndicate with a more local focus (and DRM free, yeah)... I would like to see a little more about the ingame mechanics in action > a lot of games sound great on paper, but usually these are written before the designers are confronted with the harsh reality of whats really possible with a certain budget in both money and time. But its something I'll definately keep an eye on > thanks for posting this.
Yeah, it's a Syndicate/Wars clone. They had a kickstarter over a year ago and development has been progressing well; it's not vapourware.

hmm, can't quite put my finger on the "why", but my initial reaction to the video is "meh"

Could be fun, but I'm waiting to see if they got the gameplay right. 

The original Syndicate was limited by the AI of the opposition. Once you knew the good tactics, missions soon resembled one another and only good level design made some levels really interesting to play (once the fun of the open world mayhem and persuasion wore off, which took a lonnnng time for me)

Syndicate Wars was very interesting on the gameplay side. Level design still played an important role to keep things interesting, but there was also some kind of evolution in the general gameplay during the campaign. For example, at first blowing up buildings was a tactic you could use to get rid of dangerous/numerous opponents. Then it became a common side effect of any small fight, but there was still something to gain by cleverly using buildings as cover for the first few hits.

Back