Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Satisfied but not for the reasons that I bought the GP32 for

• I would kick Bon Jovi square in the balls if given the chance

• Total voters

gatso

Still Fresh
I have read a few different posts recently in regards to people contemplating making a purchase. I have read different responses in regards to these posts an they have been bittersweet. I know that I am satisfied with my GP32 however not for the reasons I first thought. I believed that the GP32 could play full speed everything (a australian comp mag led me astray). Obviously you cant but I still am very satisfied with my purchase and really I am just curious to see what anybody else thinks.

Enslaved posted on Aug 10 2004 at 07:56 AM said:
You don't even have one yet? You have so many posts!
Its arriving tomorrow! Im so excited!

Last edited by a moderator:
finty101 posted on Aug 10 2004 at 04:04 AM said:
Cool, your gonna love it! I am assuming your getting a BLU so you will have a good time doing things in the dark (I can't :()

Enslaved posted on Aug 10 2004 at 08:07 AM said:
Cool, your gonna love it! I am assuming your getting a BLU so you will have a good time doing things in the dark (I can't :()
Yep, 180Mhz BLU, fucking class.

finty101 posted on Aug 10 2004 at 08:11 AM said:
Enslaved posted on Aug 10 2004 at 08:07 AM said:
Yep, 180Mhz BLU, fucking class.
Oki...
You think your BLU is good...
I have a GP32 FLU who goes to 220mhz out of the box..
That´s some good shit....

But I hope you enjoy your Blu like I enjoy my Flu

;)

Yup satisfied Gp owner here :D I skulked around these boards a while before I got one, visited a few other sites to read up and knew pretty well what to expect. :D

Yeah right, square in he balls :D

I have a FLU and I am very satisfied with it. It does not even OC to 166 and it still runs most SNES games better than I ever hoped (which was my number 1 reason to get one). Now there's functional GBA emulation to come, I got GPCinema for free so I can watch movies on the go, Quake has been ported, I can play C-Dogs and Spout, I can read books and do much much more. Now if I could play a nice game of Confrontation with it, it would be the perfect handheld, but it seems this is better to be done with friends ;)

Bottom line: I am more than satisfied, that little baby is more than I ever wanted in a handheld.

of course i am ;)
the first week with my gp i was a bit annoyed from the joystick -totally new to someone who had played with gba all the time before- , from the fact that the screen goes all fucked up when on low batteries and the lame snes emulator snes9xgp in those times, lol.

but it got all better, right now im very happy and i love my joystick ;)

I have had my gp32 for a couple of years now and it's been great. However about three hours before i saw this topic it wiped one of my very full smcs :(

I love my GP, I read alot about it before I bought one, I couldnt afford one for a year and a half because I was slumming it as a poor student...

but yes, this is my favourite handheld I have ever touched...

Lucas Arts Adventures on the go
OGG
Nes (awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Snes (not used so much but Mario Allstars is all I need)
PCengine (Outrun at full speed on the go.......hell yeah!!!!!!, that and Parodius!)
Doom 1+2 (this was such a shock....its absolutely perfect!!!!)
Gameboy/Gameboy Colour (oooooh yeah!! Wario Land, Tetris and Dance Dance Revolution all in my pocket!!!)
god the list could go on....I am officially a GP32 fanboy now, it bugs the hell out of me when people round where I live refer to it as a GBA rip off :angry:

ITs B) I love it - keep trying to convert the GBA fanboy that sits next to me at work... Almost did it with GPSpout - until I mentioned it was a port of a windows game - now he's hooked on Spout on the PC!!!

Used to be a Palm gamer - but got a Blackberry at work, so was thinking about a GBASP, Gbax got me hooked on GP32 though instead...

Doom is awesome, all those mods - how cool... I've had someone stop me at East Croydon station while I've been playing Doom - saying "Wow! where can I get one of those!" - so of course I tolf him Gbax...

Quake and GBA emu - never thought I'd see these on gp32_console but getting close to reality!!!

Been playing a bit of GB and GBC stuff recently - mainly trying to get to grips with GTA - which I never used to rate on PC or PS - but on handheld at 1.5x1.5 its cool - shame there is slowdown, and no way to (easily) o/c fgb...

I got mine this moning, a 176mhz blu with 128mb SMC off ebay for £130. It dosen't appear to have been used. I bought Doom to use on this and So far, I love it. Feels very light, compared to what I expected, but I'm totally pleased so far.

I did my research and knew exactly what I was letting myself in for, so I was very pleased indeed with my puchase...even more so when full speed MD emulation came about! Plus I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of homebrew games and software which was a big bonus.

Mine's unlit, got it over a year ago. Still great fun, and so versatile - not just with the games and emulators, but makers like Gigas, lazy reader for PD novels, mp3s and video, and even useful stuff like iMappy.

FFA_bruno posted on Aug 10 2004 at 12:48 PM said:

It is? How you know? You got email? I want email! Where's my email? Where's my GP32?

*cries like a baby*
All of them shipped today! I meant to PM you but it slipped my mind. BLU tomorrow!

Back