Save Problem

Kusanagi

Still Fresh
Hi everyone
I've got this problem, I can't use the "save" option in fsms32 and fgb32... Well' I can use it and it works but after some random time it suddently stops working, causing also a savestate loss...
What could it be?
I tried formatting the smc but had no success...
Thanks in advance!

This is the same for everyone and it's not random. Below is an explanation of why it happens from Pip:

Losing saves is not a random issue, it happens for a reason and it very easy to figure out. The saves get a seemingly random name partly based on what number they are in the alphabetic order of roms on your SMC, if that order changes, the save is lost (or not actually lost, it is still there but won't be used). So what happens is that if you get a new game and put it in your gb directory (let's use castlevania as an example), all games with the letter C and lower will lose it saves, the same thing will happen if you delete a game. I cannot understand why it doesn't just name the save after the game, the current system is very badly thought out.

thanks man, but this is not what I'm talkin about!
I'm playing i.e. bubble bobble on fsms32, I go on saving until I use for the x th time the load option [where x is a random number] and nothing, I lost my savestate and I can save no more... Without having added roms or anything, it just happens in the same "session"!

How many times have you saved in that "session"? I have notice that when writing FileIO functions for the games I make, that if a file is opened, written or read from, then closed, 10 times then it stops reading or writing data to that file. I figured this was a fluke in my coding as no one could give me any valid reason why it would do it, but its something to think about.

Here is the topic where I discuss my problem..
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=8658

Last edited by a moderator:
Akuma no Houkon posted on Apr 18 2004 at 12:05 AM said:
How many times have you saved in that "session"? I have notice that when writing FileIO functions for the games I make, that if a file is opened, written or read from, then closed, 10 times then it stops reading or writing data to that file. I figured this was a fluke in my coding as no one could give me any valid reason why it would do it, but its something to think about.

Here is the topic where I discuss my problem..
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=8658
If so I should have the same problem in every application which uses save/load function... Shouldn't I?
But OS9XGP works fine, and so does caSTaway..
Hope to get some help by following your topic =)
BTW, which is your smc brand?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back