Save States In Hu6280

Status
Not open for further replies.

fightingdreamer88

Still Fresh
I've been playing a bit of Keith Courage using the emulator and haven't been able to save my game. Are there savestates?

No. It has the best speed and overall performance, but does not support save states.

And the developer ought to fix this.

Now.

vaustein said:
No. It has the best speed and overall performance, but does not support save states.

Now.
You shut the [****] up, if people had actually appreciated how much hard work was put into this, its practically all fucking ASM, then Vobbo may not have left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take it easy, honey.

It's a frequently requested feature. Plus, how do you know why Vobbo left? I doubt Vobbo was ever that petty: "Wah, noboby wubs me, I'm goin' home!" Chances are, Vobbo isn't as self-absorbed and sensitive as you are.

I think you need a time out, or maybe a diaper change.

I think you need to [****] off as i'm the only one who has vobbos email address, and has talked to him. He left because he was busy with work, but he was unmotivated as he really wanted donations and was putting 8 hours a day into that emulator.

So he didn't leave because "people are just so mean!" like you suggested. It was due to a lack of time and $$ - which makes perfect sense. Thanks you for your honesty.

i'm the only one who has vobbos email address

You make it sound like poor ol' Vobbo's in witness protection! Jeez, lighten up ;)

sam fisher said:
Im just displacing my anger at DaveC onto you. Vobob worked so hard and all he got was

DaveC: The sound is a load of shitty beeps, this thing is crap!
I never said that stop making up words and claiming that I said them just to be a drama queen.

I reported what was true which was some sounds were missing and others were wrong. It is a part of beta testing. If no one ever says anything then many times they will think "well no one said anything about sound, it must be perfect, no reason to bother improving it then". Or "well everyone is happy the way it is, no sense of wasting time improving then" I even donated for the emu and I don't use it.

BTW he isn't updating for any other system either. It seems he either got too busy to mess with it, and/or he didn't get the donations he expected. I remember him complaining about the lack of donations, as he said he wasn't motivated due to weak donations. Maybe if it was finished he would have got more donations. Catch 22 I suppose.

sam fisher said:
vaustein said:

Now.
You shut the [****] up, if people had actually appreciated how much hard work was put into this, its practically all fucking ASM, then Vobbo may not have left.

Here we go again....Mr Fisher can you please refrain from that sort of language in the classroom. You don't want me to paddle you, do you?

DSR

The vast majority of 'emulator addicts' (note, most of the members here are not addicts, they are merely obsessives, which are bad but nowhere near as bad as the addicts) here are extremely ungrateful in that they point out the negative, but never the good and make demands fairly regularly. These people aren't liked by the developer community and discourage a lot of people from working on the GP2X over say the DS.

Orkie said:
The vast majority of 'emulator addicts' (note, most of the members here are not addicts, they are merely obsessives, which are bad but nowhere near as bad as the addicts) here are extremely ungrateful in that they point out the negative, but never the good and make demands fairly regularly. These people aren't liked by the developer community and discourage a lot of people from working on the GP2X over say the DS.
Well, I think that the problem with this community comes in three part.

1) Size. This GP2X community is quite small compared to others like the DS/PSP. The smaller the user base the fewer donations that devs receive. I don't know how lucrative the other markets are, or even this one for that matter, but I imagine that devving for other systems with larger user bases has to be better monetarily wise... ??

2) Too much emphasis on emulation. Emulators for other systems seem to get most of the attention. Of course it is understandable considering that a single emulator can play hundreds of games. However, a lot of the homebrew, and excellent HB at that, gets over shadowed b/c of the emulators. For most of the first quarter of this year, Zodttd and Exophase were releasing impressive updates for the GBA emulator gpsp. During this time frame there were MANY homebrew titles released, many of them only garnering 2 or 3 comments. Everyone was to busy playing Pokemon Emerald and Advanced Wars to pay them the attention and acclaim they deserved.

3) Just like Orkie said. Many members of the community seem to be, IMO, to liberal with their "constructive criticism". Devs spend their free time developing free software/games/apps etc, and sharing that with the community. If anything we should try to encourage them in developing their software, not whining or pointing out all the flaws. I wish their were more of us that repaid them is some way, and more that we could do to contribute. Too bad we no longer have click-for-devs, or some other such program... maybe we could have a dev of the month or something to replace it...

Final Thought: We have a community that values emulation. That means most of us are willing to download copyrighted material for other systems for free and many times illegally. If those are our values then what makes us or a dev think that we would be willing to donate for their hardwork when we all have hundreds of roms loaded on our SD cards? I do occasionally, but not everyone does. Not saying what is right or wrong with any of this, but giving my viewpoint to the discussion/rambling.

Reap

sam: is there any chance at all of him coming back to work on his emulator? the performance was just so much better than anything else it kind of sucks that it doesnt have more features such as the mentioned save states. His emu was one of the only gp2x related things I have donated to. It wasnt until playing his emu that i realized how cool the pc engine is.

anyway except for castlevania its still my pc engine emulator of choice cause it runs full speed without frameskip

Okay, time to jump back in and fix this. :rolleyes:

@dsraa: I think Sam Fisher got the point - he shouldn't be starting petty flame wars just because something rubs him the wrong way.

As I mention in a different post ( http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=36822&hl= ) the 2x homebrew community is experiencing an upsurge. Also, I thought most emulator authors worked gratis either to bolster their industrial resumes or out of their own creativity as software engineers. Since when has releasing emulators been profitable for anyone? I doubt Midway make money on their PS2 "Midway Arcade Classics" releases or Sega with "Megadrive Classics Vol. # 2,415".

I think the emulation feedback loop goes like this:
- By default, the users have four requirements: fullspeed, audio, compatibility, and save states. UI is nice but tends to be less important.
- Early on, any emu dev who demonstrates at least two of the four begins to receive encouragement.
- If an emulator achieves three of the four, encouragement turns to massive "rah-rah" support and some donations trickle in.
- If the emu satisfies 4 of 4 requirements, there is a community-wide celebration and the dev achieves real or virtual Guru status.
- However, if the emu lies fallow - missing save states for instance - users become frustrated that their enjoyment of the experience is impaired, especially when completion seems so close. At this point, the community feels cheated, rightly or wrongly.

Accurate?

vaustein said:
Okay, time to jump back in and fix this. :rolleyes:

@dsraa: I think Sam Fisher got the point - he shouldn't be starting petty flame wars just because something rubs him the wrong way.

As I mention in a different post ( http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=36822&hl= ) the 2x homebrew community is experiencing an upsurge. Also, I thought most emulator authors worked gratis either to bolster their industrial resumes or out of their own creativity as software engineers. Since when has releasing emulators been profitable for anyone? I doubt Midway make money on their PS2 "Midway Arcade Classics" releases or Sega with "Megadrive Classics Vol. # 2,415".

I think the emulation feedback loop goes like this:
- By default, the users have four requirements: fullspeed, audio, compatibility, and save states. UI is nice but tends to be less important.
- Early on, any emu dev who demonstrates at least two of the four begins to receive encouragement.
- If an emulator achieves three of the four, encouragement turns to massive "rah-rah" support and some donations trickle in.
- If the emu satisfies 4 of 4 requirements, there is a community-wide celebration and the dev achieves real or virtual Guru status.
- However, if the emu lies fallow - missing save states for instance - users become frustrated that their enjoyment of the experience is impaired, especially when completion seems so close. At this point, the community feels cheated, rightly or wrongly.

Accurate?

Not at all. The homebrew scene isn't experiencing an upsurge at all. Like ParkyDR said, there have been less emulator releases recently, so people actually notice the homebrew for a change.

Anyway, the point is that there is too much emphasis on emulation and you really prove this by going off at a tangent and the way you phrase it is deplorable. You still give the impression of somebody who expects emulators to be written for you.

PS: http://87.237.210.164/cgi-bin/nph-acapelas...amp;id=2257.mp3 :D

Also, I thought

That's where to trouble starts.

I doubt Midway make money on their PS2 "Midway Arcade Classics" releases or Sega with "Megadrive Classics Vol. # 2,415".

Why else would they release those if it weren't for the money?

At this point, the community feels cheated

What on earth legitimates them to feel cheated? What about? That they don't get what they want? Boohoo! That they paid good money to Gamepork and now expect to get anything that's possible for free? Or even the fact that donating five bucks doesn't make the developer name his firstborn child after you?

Okay, time to jump back in and fix this.

Please don't try to "fix" any more. Your staggering stupidity is hardly bearable by now. Don't make it worse.

We the regulars of #gp2xdev rock. The regulars of gp32x who are not regulars of #gp2xdev suck. It had to be said :)

vaustein said:
What? That sums up the whole gimme-gimme mentality. This is just shitty.

okay now... everyone please calm down as it's getting ridiculous. For one thing: I think, that the appreciation that devs get is pretty good. I don't see so many people complaining at all. There is a few black sheep here but not everyone is like that.

Users are not in a position to make any demands, they can ask nicely for something of provide constructive criticism but that's all they are and should be entitled to. Devs are also asking for donations. That is a very good way to pay tribute to someone who has given the community a great game/emu/app but pls consider that this is a gesture of praise and not of gratefullness. I for example cannot donate so much money to people, which is sad, because I wish that I could do so. I just don't have so much dough that I could be giving it away. If a dev wants to make money with his code, he shouldn't release it as freeware. I think the everlasting whining of emu-fanatics vs. homebrew-fanatics is just lame. Have a look into the archive and tell me that there is too many emulator releases. That's BS. Almost everyone respected in this community is playing both emus and homebrew games. Also have a look at the usercount on this forum. How many people are actually actively contributing? How many people are actually sharing their opinion on here? Then think again and ask yourselves: how many people own a gp2x and are enjoying both emus and homebrew?

And if you think so badly of the gp32x boards, take a look at the psp scene if you want to see some aggressive and demanding fanbois. I think this community is great. It's what you make of it... so: [MrT]stop yer yammerin', you ain't hurt! get some nuts, fools[/MrT]

xnopasaranx said:
I think the everlasting whining of emu-fanatics vs. homebrew-fanatics is just lame. Have a look into the archive and tell me that there is too many emulator releases. That's BS. Almost everyone respected in this community is playing both emus and homebrew games.
This isn't a case of emulator addicts Vs. homebrew addicts, it's developers Vs. whiners. It is the whiners we have a problem with not the fact that there are emulators or people that use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back