Save States Uae4All?

spetzie

Still Fresh
hi all

i want to play the secret of monkey island on uae4all. the game works great but i know that it is a big game and i will need chances to save. Is there save states in uae4all i just haven't found. if not than how the hell do you save your progress?????

I don't believe savestates work in UAE4All on the Wiz. If you want to play Monkey Island I would play it in SCUMMVM. It also will play the Amiga version if I'm not mistaken.

ok then what is scummvm. where can i download. is it like another emulator????

ok i have managed to download from gp2x wiz downloads but i don't know how to install or how to use if someone could please talk we through it that would be great :)

spetzie said:
ok i have managed to download from gp2x wiz downloads but i don't know how to install or how to use if someone could please talk we through it that would be great :)
Hi Friend and Welcome back, download the zip file, extract somewher on sd card and you get a folder in yellow called scummvm, there you put games into sub folder maybe roms or games or something i think its called, then the dot (game data files go into the other subfolder (cant remebre whats it called i think data), then you launch scummvm (there are 2 of these launch files scummvm.gpe is the one you want i think just try and aerch in folder for the two launch files and see which one works, once launched you can add games by using the scummvm menu pretty straight forward, if the amiga game works then you need to select that folder when scummvm is launched, i hope i made sense, if not i will be more forthcoming when i see your reply, hope you get it up and running

GOODNIGHT

007JAWS

Last edited by a moderator:
hi thankyou for your reply

i have the application up and running but it won't reconise any of my games. my game files are adf, do you know if scummvm reconises these files and if not than what game files does it reconise???

Basically when i search for the games they show up and you can even get the disks to show however you can't select these as they are not highlighted.

i hope that makes sense

thanks again

spetzie said:

i have the application up and running but it won't reconise any of my games. my game files are adf, do you know if scummvm reconises these files and if not than what game files does it reconise???

Basically when i search for the games they show up and you can even get the disks to show however you can't select these as they are not highlighted.

i hope that makes sense

thanks again
Hi man, adf files are amiga games I am not aware of these working you need dot files e.g. monkey islands.dot, these are scummvm specific games, dont know where to get then from , but good nes you can get some free games from scummvm website

i think its scummvm.org, or something those will work, go to download page and free games, good you got it running, all you need is games, as some are to be purchased from the site, once you have correct games then you are able to select via menu and add disk folder

bye

007jaws

spetzie said:

i hope that makes sense

thanks again

Go here for what files you need from those adf disks for ScummVM. Also get adfview here You can explore the adf disks and copy the files you need into a folder to use in ScummVM. Hope this helps

hi all

thankyou so very much for your patients with a newbie. I have application and games running now!!!! so thankyou.

I would however still like to know about save states in uae4all. I have done some research and know that it is possible to do but unfortunately none of these sites have a step by step instruction./

I have downloaded a blank adf file which the sites state you must have but i don't know where in the uae4all folder this needs to go or how to set it to work.

If anyone has any ideas please can you help me set this up

Again thankyou. it never ceases to amaze me how helpfully people are on this forum, which is a rarity in this world

spetzie said:
hi all

thankyou so very much for your patients with a newbie. I have application and games running now!!!! so thankyou.

I would however still like to know about save states in uae4all. I have done some research and know that it is possible to do but unfortunately none of these sites have a step by step instruction./

I have downloaded a blank adf file which the sites state you must have but i don't know where in the uae4all folder this needs to go or how to set it to work.

If anyone has any ideas please can you help me set this up

Again thankyou. it never ceases to amaze me how helpfully people are on this forum, which is a rarity in this world

In UAE on the Wiz you need to manually save your game just like on a real Amiga. I find the best thing to do if you have a PC is to get UAE working on your computer.

I outlined how to save in It Came From the Desert here.

For any other game just make a blank adf and find out if it needs a specific name before saving. Sometimes it may be easier to get the game working and save it on the computer first then copy it over to the Wiz.

Back