Savestates

frolik

Bass Invader
Website
Visit site
I've been using castaway loads and am finding the 8 save states a bit limited, is there a way of getting more by renaming raw files or some other trick?

It would be cool to have all my regular games saved so as not to wait for the loading times - and also have more for some mid game saves

Well I've been experimenting and it seems the RAW (savestate) file must be called SAVE_X where X is the save number. If you rename it then it just won't load - shame.

All my save slots are always used and because they are named DBUG_135B.MSA or whatever, I can't identify what they are

It would be cool to name them with the virtual keyboard maybe and not use 'slots' then store them in a subfolder so they don't get jumbled with the disk files??

Anyway it looks as if I'm the only one finding this so..... :(

I will look into adding more slots; its not oo hard to add, but its not as elegant as it should be. Naming them would be nice, but naming anything on the GP32 is always annoying as heck I thought due to lack of input methods.. the virtual keyboard .. an interesting idea :)

I'll see if its something I can add in easily.. I've got an update of Castaway coming out tomorrow morning..

jeff

Thanks for your reply, I wonder if my first point (above) would be possible to fix so that you could rename the .RAW file on a PC and still use it...

but I'll leave you to deliberate, can't dispute what you've done so far... it's superb!

I've been having the same problem as I have got sick of going through the loader menus that Pompey Pirates et al stick on everything. Savestates get around this but as frolik says with a limit of 8 it's not perfect. It would be good if I could replace all my disk images with savestates renamed accordingly.

J(ohn)

Back