Saving For A Gp32

steven84 posted on Oct 6 2004 at 03:54 PM said:
i was saveing for the gp32 too but since ive herd that there may be a gp32 V2 coming out next year i lost interest as i dont wanna buy a v1 to have it go obsolete in a few months as i cant keep afford to keep upgradeing so i dunno what to do now about it...

Steve

Yeah I think that was an extremely stupid move for them to launch the BLU and then announce a new system a month later. This kind of talk not only hurts sales but developement as well.

There has been a change though. http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=14506 It has been said that any new system is now delayed. The plans now are to release the current GP32 BLU to more European countries during 2005. So I wouldn't expect anything in the way of new hardware for at least 1-1/2 years or so. Also remember that any emulators that now run at 100% speed won't be any faster on a new system (a 200% speed emu would be unplayable). Commercial stuff is different but no one buys a GP32 for that anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also keep in mind, even if there is a new device released next year, and even if it can freely be coded for by anyone (which is never certain), it's gonna take some time for the software to mature for it in the way that it has for the GP32 already.
I'm getting a GP32 as soon as I have money for it just because what it can do right now is MORE than enough to justify the cost for me, and it wont suddenly not be able to do that anymore if a better device is released by someone.

finraziel posted on Oct 6 2004 at 09:55 PM said:
..., and it wont suddenly not be able to do that anymore if a better device is released by someone.

Are you sure? I thought as soon as a new system would come out your GP32 will evaporate right out of your hands! ;)

Well that is what many people act like will happen anyway..

Last edited by a moderator:
worldwriter, one big suggestion: buy some good rechargable batteries. While the battery life is nowhere near as heinous as the Game Gear (especially since that thing took six batteries), be prepared to get less than ten hours per set/charge. And no, do not try to play your BLU without the backlight because the image can simply not be seen under any light with the backlight off.

Even if there is a new Gp32 I don't know if I would Buy it right away considering that my gp32 now does everything that I ask it too. Except for magically growing a CF port :mellow: 128mb just isn't enough sometimes :(

Back on subject

I Bought my Gp32 from GBAX at 166mhz and it plays all of the games without crashing. I didn't know about Gp32z until my GP32 blu was on the way...
Anyway I'm really Happy with it and I think I am the only one on campus with one :D hahahahaha I have yet to get a class screen and to tell you the truth I still have the clear plastic protector over the screen that came with it.

OH, and Like I have in my Signature You should just sell things on ebay that you don't use anymore and use that money to buy your gp32. It worked for me

Well I am extremely tired so I am going to bed.

Hia,
I haven't heard much about the GP32 mark II's hardware etc yet, but I have a thought about it after reading this thread.

I read that it obviously will not have the software available for it until the developers get codeing etc. But I wonder if GamePark would have thought of that and have included a backward compatability option like the PS2 did with the PS1. Now that would mean all the present develpment would run, and a LOT faster.

It's just a thought,
Clare.

I'll be using it at work mostly anyway so I'll be using an ac adapter plugged into their electric, and with sound turned off since i answer phones:)

so.... osnes9x 0.3 should be fine since the only advantage 0.2 seems to have is sound mixing...

question.... does frame skip 2 make the games look ANY different?

PS current saved... $100 Canadian, getting closer to my gp32_console

Grand total saved is now at $204 Canadian... $50 to go.

Jr2Swiss... Can you guarantee me a 166 Mhz gp32 if I order from you? any possibility of maybe accidentally sending me something that clocks a lil higher than 166? :)

I haven't emailed you yet as far as I can see from my outbox... and your site seems to be down right now... odd... I've never seen it down before...lol
I'll email you as soon as I get your site up... its good to know that after saving up for so long that you can get me just the kind of support I'd want from a seller...actually above and beyond what I could realistically expect.

PS sorry for the two posts in a row...

Wheee :D
Sorry to be abusing your thread world, but I've been scraping money together myself to order one, and just did just that :D
Actually didn't think I could yet, I sent money to my credit card company today so I could in a couple days, but figured I'd try just in case... and it was accepted :p
Hope it gets here soon... I better get some batteries and smc cards ready :blink:

Man, I'm waaay too psyched now though, wont be able to sleep for hours :p

Current saved = $270 Canadian

I now have enough to pay for the gp32 from gbax but not enough for an smc or for shipping so it would seem I am still waiting another 2 weeks... sigh.

Back