Screen Brightness

Gein07

So, I assume the screen brightness is supposed to adjust screen brightness, yes? For some reason when I adjust the brightness, whether it be top of the scale or bottom, there is no visible difference in the brightness of the screen. Do you have to restart or something for that to take effect?

Do you mean the LCD backlight brightness or the brightness of the screen like making it more white,

to increase the LCD backlight brightness press FN and I or U repeatedly but with a few seconds gap between and it should go up and down by a stage each time with the lowest brightness being black screen, no reboot needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean the LCD backlight brightness or the brightness of the screen like making it more white,

to increase the LCD backlight brightness press FN and I or U repeatedly but with a few seconds gap between and it should go up and down by a stage each time with the lowest brightness being black screen, no reboot needed.

Wow, apparently I'm brain dead. Is there a difference between the software LCD brightness controls and the keyboard shortcut? Using the FN-I technique as you suggested did increase the screen brightness!

Wow, apparently I'm brain dead. Is there a difference between the software LCD brightness controls and the keyboard shortcut? Using the FN-I technique as you suggested did increase the screen brightness!
Ive never used that control so im not sure what it does I thought it might increase the brightness e.g make it more washed out where as the shortcut increases the brightness of the backlight

Ive never used that control so im not sure what it does I thought it might increase the brightness e.g make it more washed out where as the shortcut increases the brightness of the backlight

Ahh, well thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll stop polluting the support forum with brainless questions now!

Ahh, well thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll stop polluting the support forum with brainless questions now!
NEVER! Brainless questions is how people learn! If you had this problem, odds are someone else will have this problem, and this thread will help them solve it. :)

Keep those brainless questions coming!

NEVER! Brainless questions is how people learn! If you had this problem, odds are someone else will have this problem, and this thread will help them solve it. :)

Keep those brainless questions coming!

Thank you for supporting the continuation of my ignorance! =D

Oh! Right, forgot to address the original problem. Thanks Sony :D

Yes, if you are setting the brightness slider in software under the LCD Settings menu, it should be adjusting the backlight. It's not a real time adjustment though, you have to hit OK to accept, and then it sets the brightness.

Back