Screen not working

fahrstuhl

Hi,

I've just got my upgraded Pandora (CC -> 512MB GC) back from ED and the LCD's not turning on. I've opened the lower half of the device and to check if the display cable was connected to the board which it was. I replugged and fastened it just to be sure but it didn't help.

Any ideas? I don't really want to be without my Pandora for another week but I much less want to buy a new LCD because I broke the current one trying to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
How I figure it without the LCD screen you will be without your Pandora anyway.. RMA that sucker again.

But it's the weekend and the package won't be there before tuesday!
Something like that was probably going through my mind as I disassembled my Pandora to find the LCD cable broken. I hope that wasn't me trying to get it out of the case o_o"

CutInLCDCable.jpeg

Sadly, dragonbox doesn't have the cables in stock right now ;_;

Well, I'll use the time without my Pandora to think about whether this experience was worth 19-23€

Is there a way to use it without a display? I could probably set up an OS on an SD card that'll connect to my WLAN on bootup and has an SSH server running...

you can use DisplayLink, to let you use an external display,

but is expensive and need usb host on startup.

If you want to use as is, the best would be a remmina server configured to start automatically, as VNC will let you have the screen on another pc.

Edit:

Also my pandora have the lcd cable broken, but with DisplayLink I can use it as ever on an hdmi monitor.

Success!

Ed sent me a new LCD cable, I put it in and it works!

Replacing them is one scary procedure o_O These cables seem so delicate.

Now, onto my next project! (Someday) Soldering an LED onto the cable and putting a translucent logo in the back of the lid! (I've thought about an Apple logo to screw with the minds of Apple-heads but an original logo would probably be cooler in the long run.)

Back