Screen not working at all. Broken cable?

asimov-solensan

Very Active Member
I was using my pandora half opened and I moved it, this made the screen to close by the force of the hinge.This happened to me a lot of times,but this time the screen won't turn on.

I have checked the board side of the cable and reinserted twice, I'm sure that it's fully in, also checked the screen side of the cable and I cannot see noticeable damage.

Can it be that the power lines of the screen has been cut this fast? Do I check other things or I order directly a new cable?

I fixed something scary like that once by increasing the screen brightness with the hardware keys :D

still wondering if there´s a way to alter that. Maybe by making the minimal value higher than 0 or something?

I fixed something scary like that once by increasing the screen brightness with the hardware keys :D

still wondering if there´s a way to alter that. Maybe by making the minimal value higher than 0 or something?
Unless I misunderstand something, the boot screen shows up with default brightness level no matter what you do with hardware keys.

Might be. I need to check.

But the hit was really subtle, just the screen hitting the base with the force of the hinge, I think that it shakes much more when I go to work in my bicycle. But still it may be that the coil was about to fall/get loose.

Edit:

So it was that sucker! A million thanks notaz, I really didn't remember reading about this problem although seems pretty common.

Strangely while I opened the pandora checking for the cable the coil didn't fell, but as soon as I touched it with a screwdriver it fell. Now after on of the worst soldering works in history my pandora is working again. Man I got used to it and I missed it a lot.

Thanks everyone else for the suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back