Release Scribble

I saw you comment that you could only find that Scrabble game - I found this, but never got around to trying it on the Pandora

Ah, well I never found that because it doesn't say it supports Linux I guess. Or it didn't exist when I looked. Either way, the guy I replied to was kind of a jerk, just because he doesn't like command line games doesn't mean they're horrible and should be deleted. I'm leaving this up.

Ah, well I never found that because it doesn't say it supports Linux I guess. Or it didn't exist when I looked. Either way, the guy I replied to was kind of a jerk, just because he doesn't like command line games doesn't mean they're horrible and should be deleted. I'm leaving this up.
Dont feel bad. He reviews every thing in the least objective manner possible.

Perhaps make it clear that the app is command line so he doesn't expect some ad-riddled zynga app...

Well, it says right in the description that it is. I dunno how I can make it more clear than that.

And if he's not going to be objective, he shouldn't be allowed to rate it, as that makes people think it's actually a bad application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it says right in the description that it is. I dunno how I can make it more clear than that.

And if he's not going to be objective, he shouldn't be allowed to rate it, as that makes people think it's actually a bad application.
Oh, I missed that. Sorry!

Yeah we had this discussion before. There was a struggle between "ban him"/"he'll just create a new account"/"free speech" and the final decision was to let him continue to have the rights of the other users, but closely moderate his more offensive opinions.

Unfortunately he has a right to like nothing but pretty, graphical games. However I think the votes of our other users will eventually drown him out.

CCF is troublesome, in several ways. Ignore him if at all possible.

Silent-Hunter.

I think although rude, it is sincere anwser. In that sense, the comment has VALUE. Many more comments like that, would you have posted it to an appstore.

You just need to know that we have been spoiled rotten with software (why, in my time, we had to copy it letter by letter from a magazine... and when you were done... you better like it or else that half an hour of hard work was gone).

On the Pandoraboards, you have old geezers like me that value algorithms, skill, heart, effort, etc. Porting stuff that is incredible, or releasing it on this platform, or applauding people for porting their first software, or writing their first port... or making their first computer, you know, just being board members and encouraging.

Then there are the one that just use it as a tool, for the gazillion other things you can do with it (music (Both making and listening), math, dictionary, reader, proxy, copymachine, drive, navigator, writer, etc). This group values playability, interface, fps, functionality, etc over the technical stuff.

Both groups coexist (and arent we all a bit of both)

I like perl very much (have been making scripts sinds...92? or so), so this game caught my attention.  For me reading the code is a must.

Of course, getting the columns just right to calculate the Y and X values takes a bit of a good eye, but hey...still fun.

What I'm trying to say is that do not let it get you down. Value the attention, even if you feel it is unfair, it is not directed at your person... you are even just the porter, not the coder.

I'll have to boo you on your next project though, as a perl'er getting more python into the repository is a big no no. ;)

but seriously.... make us wow with the next scrabble.

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries, I'm fine. I just don't want people to think the app doesn't work due to the one star review.

Nobody in their right mind will think that: games wich don't work have explicit comments about the issues and usually get fixed quickly.

Also, consider this: CCF's reviews are perfect conversation starters on these boards, which attract a lot of attention (and new users) to the apps. There are decent apps sitting on the repo with 50 downloads, 1-2 votes and not a single meaningful comment, and that's hard. I think you got at least 10-20 extra users because people like to know what exactly makes CCF puke :)

Back