Scumm emu?

neo10060

Still Fresh
What is the Scumm emu. Does it play games, or what, Becuase ive never heard of a scumm game. Does scumm stand for somehting. probily does and i probily sound like an idiot if its really obvious, but id still like an answer :D .

i dont know what scumm stands for but its the engine that runs old lucas arts games like day of the tentacle, monkey island games indiana jones ect.

SCUMM = Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion has been the first graphic adventure in the Lucasfilm Game / LucasArts style (you now, point and click adventures).

As the name says, SCUMM is a utility to CREATE games like Maniac Mansion, Indiana Jones, Day of The Tentacle, etc.
(BTW It's not available, before you ask ;)).

Using a SCUMM interpreter, computers can play these scripted games. When you buy a LucasArts adventure, the appropriate EXE file is the interpreter.

To play it on other systems like GP32 or Dreamcast (or older games on newer PCs), you need an interpreter. As LucasArts never wrote one, fans created SCUMMVM - a freeware interpreter for these games.

So SCUMMVM is NOT an emulator, it's an interpreter for Lucasfilm / LucasArts games.

Could anyone point me in the direction for "The Dig"?

.... or is that illegal.... :huh:

Deleted User posted on Dec 27 2003 at 12:44 PM said:
Could anyone point me in the direction for "The Dig"?

.... or is that illegal.... :huh:
Buy it, search engine, p2p..... :)

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Which files do you put on the gp32 and where.

The readme for scumm isnt very explanative....

Deleted User posted on Dec 27 2003 at 02:59 PM said:
Which files do you put on the gp32 and where.

The readme for scumm isnt very explanative....
It really depends on which games you are going to play.
But generally, You mainly need the files that end in .000, .001 etc.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also look at www.scummvm.org, as the files for the GP32 are the same as for the PC version :)

Back