Scumm help!! *newbie question*

bigSEXYc

Website
Visit site
HI im new to this forum thingy. I hope that all the veterans dont get angry with my noob question. But Ive had my GP32 for a while now and am currently enjoying many emulators on it (NesterGP especially)
But the question i have is about that Scumm thingy i have like no clue what to do with the files to get it running.
Can somebody please be kind enough to write a walkthrough for me to show me what exactly i need to do to get this running.
I need some instructions on how to install this bad boy. Ive heard nothing but good things about this, but sadly i cannot figure out how to run it.
ANy help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Firstly, as i mentioned in another thread, get little john instead of nestergp! You can find it on the nes section of the emulators on this site. Next for the scumm, unzip the gpscumm3c.zip file that you downloaded from this site. Then copy either sc132mhz.fxe or scummvm.fxe to ur smc. Id reccomend the 132 one first as the other runs at 156mhz, which ur gp might not be able to cope with. Next install the game that u wish to play to ur computer. Go to the directory itwas installed in (say monkey island) in pc link and copy the files across that are needed for that game. (for monkey island 000.LFL
901.LFL
902.LFL
903.LFL
904.LFL
DISK01.LEC
DISK02.LEC
DISK03.LEC
DISK04.LEC are needed. then start scumm on ur gp, scroll to the directory taht u copied the game files to, select it and ur off.

ok ok, i did everything u said. im used those files from monkey island.
i boot it up and i come up to this one screen with someguys face and it just freezes.
the screen says "Quando e stato impiccato questo pirata in Jamaica?
after i get to that screen i cant do anything
what am i doing wrong? :unsure:

bigSEXYc,

You need to use the virtual keyboard to get past the copy protection.

I put some instructions for saving using the virtual keyboard here but the button use is the same.

You just need to fill all the boxes with anything as ScummVM does not actualy check the copy protection.

You do realise you have a Spanish version of Monkey 1 there BTW? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back