Scummvm 0.11.0 Final

sbock

Chaos is our mode and modus
DJWillis and The ScummVM Team released the new ScummVM version 0.11.0. ScummVM is an interpreter for many famous adventures.

New Games:
- Added support for Elvira: Mistress of the Dark.
- Added support for Elvira 2: The Jaws of Cerberus.
- Added support for I Have no Mouth, and I Must Scream (demo and full game).
- Added support for preAGI game Mickey's Space Adventure.
- Added support for preAGI game Troll's Tale.
- Added support for preAGI game Winnie the Pooh in the Hundred Acre Wood.
- Added support for Amiga version of Waxworks.
- Added support for Lure of the Temptress.
[CUT]
General:
- Added ARM assembly routines for code in the sound mixer and SCUMM video playback, resulting in some nice speedups on several ports.
- Improved the way keyboard input is handled internally, resolving some odd quirks in some game / port combinations.
- Added optional 'confirm exit' dialog to the SDL backend.
- Improved detection of new game variants and localized versions.
- Completely reworked internal access to files. (GSoC Task)

AGI:
- Added support for AGI256 and AGI256-2 hacks (GSoC Task)
- Added support for Amiga menus and palettes (GSoC Task)
- Better support for early Sierra AGI titles

AGOS:
- Fixed crashes related to OmniTV playback in The Feeble Files.
- Improved work on 64-bit systems.

Broken Sword 1:
- Added support for FLAC encoded music.

Kyrandia:
- Added support for Macintosh version.

Parallaction:
- Added support for Amiga version of Nippon Safes, Inc.
- Many bugfixes

Queen:
- Added support for Adlib music.
- Added missing music patterns playback in Amiga version.

SCUMM:
- Added subtitle skipping (via '.' key) in older games which didn't have this feature so far (e.g. Zak, MM, Indy3, Loom).
- Added support for Chinese COMI.
- Better support for eastern versions of games.
- Various fixes for COMI and other games.
- Added support for original save menus (browse only). Use Alt-F5 to activate.
- Added support for Spanish version of NES Maniac Mansion.
- Better support for German version of C64 Maniac Mansion.
- Fixed bug with cursors in Windows versions of Humongous Entertainment games.

SAGA:
- Added support for compressed sound effects, voices and music.

Touche:
- Added workarounds for some glitches/issues present in the original game

GP2X Port:
- Support F200 Touchscreen
- Various fixes to input code

Download GP2x: Archiv

Thanks DJWillis![/CUT]

Yeah, IHNMAIMS is definitely on my play list, although possibly not immediately since it's enormous, and atm I'm not playing on my 2x that much.

Last time I tried it in a development build it wasn't working so great, I must say (I had to re-start Benny's scenario about 6 times due to the game getting confused about where I was), but it was completable, and very very fun. And with so many places to go wrong, as well...

Hi, can anyone help me save my game in Broken Sword, I've been playing about three hours and cannot save before my batteries will run out :(

I've tried pressing right shoulder, bringing the menu up, selecting a save position, and then pressing right shoulder to insert a ? symbol, but when I go to save it will not save... It's not that I want a question mark but cannot get any letters :(

any help please? :)

edit.

Just tried again, and the error I get when trying to save is :-

Can't Create SaveGame.inf in directory
`/tmp/mnt/sd/roms/scummvm-gp2x-F200-2007-11-06/saves`

Try creating the directories SD:\roms\scummvm-gp2x-F200-2007-11-06\saves\ . Sometimes programs get fussy if they're trying to write a file somewhere that doesn't exist. Not ideal, but it might work :)

Uh oh:

(35:200:0x7610): Out of memory while allocating 776946432!

Thats happening in Monkey Island 1 (VGA, Amiga, german, .ogg Music version) when I want to enter the Town through the arc at the right side of the screen. (Some buildings after the Scumm-Bar) So I can't continue the game. The other places ingame work. Other Problems of my Version, I just have music (.OGG) but no sound effects (midi or whatever). ^^"""

Strange.

sbock,

Thanks for poping a news post up. Been so busy I completely forgot to do it.

You may want to edit the main post. Some of the things there are not relevent to the GP2X backend.

None of the following are applicable to the GP2X backend.

- Added support for TiMidity++ MIDI server.
- Added DMedia MIDI driver for IRIX.
- Added option to delete games from the list with Del key.
- Added support for "~/" prefix being substituted by $HOME in paths on POSIX systems (Linux, Mac OS X etc.).

I have already had mails about TiMidity support and why is it broken, it's not, it is not part of the GP2X backend ;).

Done. Thanks for making this clear and sorry for any inconvenience...

Regards,
Stephan

Just a quick update... I just threw "Lure of the Temptress" freeware edition on my GP2X and it runs beautifully! So far the only game I've had any significant problem with was "Touche'..." and that was only because the font was hard to read. SCUMMVM for GP2X is the most amazing thing on any of my SD cards at the moment. Viva SCUMMVM!

Hm, I still have trouble with ScummVM and Monkey Island 1. Could it be, that a Game internal Autosave happens when Guybrush want to go through the Arc into the Town the first Time? With "Exit" maybe I could skip this per console but its impossible to type this in the GP2X Scumm Version. Maybe I have to install the PC Version and try my GP2X Savegame...

sbock said:
Done. Thanks for making this clear and sorry for any inconvenience...

Thanks Stephan, why 'inconvenience'? You did me a favour with the news post, much appreciated :D.

fusion_power said:
Hm, I still have trouble with ScummVM and Monkey Island 1. Could it be, that a Game internal Autosave happens when Guybrush want to go through the Arc into the Town the first Time? With "Exit" maybe I could skip this per console but its impossible to type this in the GP2X Scumm Version. Maybe I have to install the PC Version and try my GP2X Savegame...
Hmmm, are you SURE your data files are good.

"Out of memory while allocating" usually = bad game data. Recopy it off your CD or disks and try again.
I can't test any games on a 2X (obviously) but I played MI1 and 2 end to end on the 2X many times with known good data files and checked with a few of my testers. All of whom report no issues.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
OK.
But now I've started with Flight of the Amazon Queen. Nice Game and works perfectly. :) I just wonder why right Trigger activates the ingame menu and not the ScummVM Options Menu. ^^"" And I can't change the Music Volume of the game. Not in the ScummVM config or ingame. Well I can change it but it has no effect. The Music always has the same Volume level. So I turned it off for bettter understanding of the Voices. Is ther a way to make Music-Volume working in FotAQ?

While this thread's not buried, I was looking through the readmes for this release, and both of them contradict what's said here about which games are usable:

Included engines

Just because an engine is included does not mean any/all of its games are supported. Please check game compatability for more infomation.
Scumm - (All games supported by ScummVM should work to some extent, using the hardware scalar if needed)
AGOS (AKA Simon) - (Simon the Sorcerer one and two).
Sky - (Beneath a Steel Sky)
Sword - (Broken Sword 1) - This engine uses the hardware scalar to downsize the graphics to fix on the GP2X. It is NOT very nice to look at.
Sword2 - (Broken Sword 2) - This engine uses the hardware scalar to downsize the graphics to fix on the GP2X. It is NOT very nice to look at.
Gob - (Goblins one)
Queen - (Flight of the Amazon Queen)
Kyra - (The Legend of Kyrandia)
All other game engines are disabled in this release

Which basically goes against the New Games section of the original post. Seeing as I don't have a compressed up version of IHNMAIMS to hand, I'm wondering which is right - and if the original poster is, any chance the readme coule be updated, since otherwise those of us who do read them will end up not playing a fair few games that we could otherwise be!

IHNMAIMS should be supported.

Look here.

The infos from my news post are the offical ones from the ScummVM website.

Regards,
Stephan

Last edited by a moderator:
Back