Scummvm On Dingoo

vEGA-rJ posted on May 30 2009 at 04:29 AM said:
Cool, but there's a way to use it, or it's only a "proof of concept"?
You can use it if you install Linux on your Dingoo. Unfortunately, there's no way to set up dual-boot yet, so you'd have to flash back and forth to use Linux or the default OS. There are other programs being ported to Dingoo Linux, but at this time it's probably not worth switching for most people.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use it if you install Linux on your Dingoo. Unfortunately, there's no way to set up dual-boot yet, so you'd have to flash back and forth to use Linux or the default OS. There are other programs being ported to Dingoo Linux, but at this time it's probably not worth switching for most people.
Oh dear, that doesn't sound good to me having to install another OS to get some things to work. How many emu's, games and apps will run on the default launcher?

The kernel is uploaded to the memory with the usbtool so no flashing is done. btw, ScummVM runs very well.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good to me having to install another OS to get some things to work. How many emu's, games and apps will run on the default launcher?
you missed the point, dingoo is going through a transition at the moment... currently running linux is a pain and not many apps are ported for it... but eventually most dingoo owners will install linux and there will be no need for the stock OS.

I've got linux installed and running... I've just got to find the time to try compiling random things on it. And also figure out something worth compiling for it.

Back