ScummVM Screen issue

andyhamer

Is there not a way a way to run this without the black borders? (even on the launcher) iv'e tried every combination of filters and options (anything x3 causes it to crash) surely these games need to be using the entire screen, i'm pretty sure it runs fullscreen on the GP2X, Wiz, Caanoo & pretty much anything else you care to mention, so why not the Pandora?.. i know we have more screen real estate & the games weren't originally designed for a widescreen aspect ratio, but is it really that difficult to include an option to resize/stretch it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

In a word, no, nothing in the world of emulation is perfect, remember that and you will be OK.

Hi

In a word, no, nothing in the world of emulation is perfect, remember that and you will be OK.

Thanks for your sagacious advice..

I am well versed in the amorphous world that is emulation, i posted in case there was some vital bit of information i was lacking here or a newer build that fixed the issue, or even plans to fix in a future build.. if not then, c'est la vie

Something that has just occurred to me, i am pretty sure (if memory serves) that the PSP version outputs natively to fullscreen (no black borders) or at least has an option to enable it.

Couldn't this version be ported & the touchscreen functionality hacked in etc.. admittedly i have no clue how difficult this would be (if even possible) but surely it would be preferable to how it is at the moment?

i think it's harder to emulate different-aspect-radio-touchscreen-based-applications , like scummvm or dosbox (mouse mode)
why would it be harder? you just apply the scaling you do to the video in reverse whenever there's a mouse event (obviously a little more complicated than that, but essentially that's all you need to do)

AFAIK ScummVM supports scaling without changing the aspect ratio.

So as most games were 320x200, they run 640x400 on the Pandora.

Back