SD card for press Reviews

Put some on there so they can mess around straight away, but then point them in the right direction so they can check out how simple it is to get more.

I'm just saying that because I don't want them to think that it comes with the software or end up with outdated stuff. Or even think that it was already used. But I guess loading a freeware game and instructions on how to get PNDs is the way to go. :)

-Trickyhero

Different reviewers will spend different amounts of effort.

We need to make sure the experience for lazy ones is reasonably impressive, and also that extensive reviewers can get even more out of it.

Include the big guns (whatever we decide they are) on an SD, and point them to the appstore for more.

I'd imagine good reviewers will probably discover something niche that we would never have included anyway.

I usually hate video in lieu of text, but I think for EvilDragon we can make an exception to the rule. :p

There are *LEGAL* ROMS for all emulators .. just bundle some of them with everything already set up and give a README about where to put additional ROMS ..

For example, Pandoricutron comes with LEGAL roms .. so it can be included on this SD image, easily enough .. and should be! I hope it will be anyway.

As a review unit, it should be in a "Just Works" state. No - or minimal - instructions, and the system should be already set up.

Include only one browser, whichever runs best, maybe two, Firefox because everyone knows it and Fennec, if it provides a great touch-interface. Provide easy, obvious access to the "app store" so other browsers can be easily set up. The reviewer likely won't, but he'll take a quick look at what other software is readily available.

Don't overload in games. A couple different emulators with a couple games each, whatever can be legally distributed. While the Pandora is in many ways primarily a gaming handheld, you don't want to focus too much on that. You want to highlight all of the different things it can do.

Christoph.Krn has it right, IMHO. Make sure there's solid, easily accessed apps handy for every sort of use - music, video, office, PDA stuff, etc.

Show that yes, this is a gaming handheld, but it's also a full desktop PC that fits in your pocket.

There are *LEGAL* ROMS for all emulators .. just bundle some of them with everything already set up and give a README about where to put additional ROMS ..

For example, Pandoricutron comes with LEGAL roms .. so it can be included on this SD image, easily enough .. and should be! I hope it will be anyway.

There may be legal roms available but this does not mean you can just freely and legally distribute them with an emulator or console.

The most legal way you could get people these legal roms would be to provide a links to the pages that can legally and officially distribute them and they can then download them for themselves; just make them aware of where to place them on the SD card.

There may be legal roms available but this does not mean you can just freely and legally distribute them with an emulator or console.

There *ARE* legal roms you can just distribute with ease. For example, for the Oric emulator, there are tons of new ROMS that the authors have given their permission to distribute .. same with Atari emu's. Don't be so quick to dismiss the idea that we can build emu's with built-in ROM's for easy play ..

There *ARE* legal roms you can just distribute with ease. For example, for the Oric emulator, there are tons of new ROMS that the authors have given their permission to distribute .. same with Atari emu's. Don't be so quick to dismiss the idea that we can build emu's with built-in ROM's for easy play ..

Yes but you cannot distribute them with a console without permission or at least not without the author of the emulators permission since he got the original permission for the roms in the first instance.

the bottom line is it doubt its as clear cut as you are suggesting especially since the Pandora is a commercial device.

My desktop: :D

4938271439_2a1be9f0f0_b.jpg

Question 1 where did you get that background

Question 2 (this a really stupid question) why do you have an 8-bit character for the super nintendo emulator, or was that just the icon it came with?

Back