SD Card good and bad

Have you checked that it actually is 64GB?

Some cheapo cards report themselves as having higher capacities than they really do, but just start losing/corrupting data if you try to write more than thier real capacity.

My brother repaired my Fake 512GB Stick back to the real 8GB.

We opened it,searched the Chipnumbers in Google and he found a Software to Restore it to Original.

Now i have a 8gb Stick for little Things like a Unetbootin Linux or near.

Maybe you can Rescue your SD Card in Same Way ;)

So far the card is filled to 36GB and I copied a video with ~ 400MB which is playing very nicely. So I guess it's ok. Other cards like Intenso or Kingston are at about 24 €. The card is cheap but no fake card like 512GB for 15€. If 36GB are ok it should be 64GB - or not ?

So far the card is filled to 36GB and I copied a video with ~ 400MB which is playing very nicely. So I guess it's ok. Other cards like Intenso or Kingston are at about 24 €. The card is cheap but no fake card like 512GB for 15€. If 36GB are ok it should be 64GB - or not ?
Most probably yes. There is little reason to fake less than a half of the capacity. I also have a 64 GB card bought for a similar price.

I bought two 256GB microSDs for a little more than $30 bucks each on ebay.  Pandora couldn't read them so I complained to the seller and got a full refund and told me that I can keep the cards.  I'm trying it on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4, and it seems to work OK on the Note 4.  I am copying 59GB of data to it now as we speak and it is still going.  Weird

So far my QUMOX card is full to about 42GB and all working fine as Slackware OS ext2. I checked the read speed as mentioned in the wiki and got 19.7 MB/s which is better than all what is shown (best was 19.6). So I am happy with it. What happened with the 256GB cards - still working?

I got over 32GB while copying via OTG cable and my Note 4 battery ran out which I can't charge while copying data from my internal memory out to the 256GB card attached to the OTG cable.  I have to try it again to see if this card is legit... but that 32GB of data are all there and all useable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got over 32GB while copying via OTG cable and my Note 4 battery ran out which I can't charge while copying data from my internal memory out to the 256GB card attached to the OTG cable.  I have to try it again to see if this card is legit... but that 32GB of data are all there and all useable.
Well turned out this is a fake card.  Got full refund though :)

Now I'm looking at this more reputable one.  Price is pretty good I think.

Back