Sd-card Mod!

Sonic-NKT

Hi,
some time ago there was info about a SD Mod together with GPcinema by the author of gpcinema. I was very intrested in that, are there more news about this?

get a psp and have done wit it if you want more capasity (I have, no regrets)

the mod could also be in jeopardy with the potential release of the new gp32 later this year with likely sd card support and backwards compatibility and a lower price point than the current system. It may be just as cheap to go for the new one.

Who ever said the new gp32 was backwards compatible? Or that it would use SD? Or that it would cost less than a gp32?

im thinking of buying a psp but would rather have a new gp. is there any confirmed news of a new gp?
dont get me wrong , my mate has a psp and it is amazing its just that i love my gp32. gp32_console

Jarska333 posted on Jul 16 2005 at 03:51 PM said:
finty posted on Jul 16 2005 at 05:29 PM said:
Who ever said the new gp32 was backwards compatible? Or that it would use SD? Or that it would cost less than a gp32?

Craig :)

He never said that for sure he was just throwing hypotheticals out there. No one knows what the new one will be like. Knowing GP it may be delayed too.

Last edited by a moderator:
c0ncept posted on Jul 17 2005 at 05:52 AM said:
not one single useful answer.

and this is just inane

get a psp and have done wit it if you want more capasity (I have, no regrets)
yeah lolz, but to got back on the question... I have no idea and I also really would like to hear something about the status of the project (but wasnt it finished already??).

I cant understand the point of the sd mod, sure when I first seen it I thought GREAT but come back down to earth guys, its like the SENSIBLE users on this forum said. Theres a new GP32 comeing out for sure (I think I can say quite safely it will have sd card support). There already a console called a PSP for inane which is very impressive (snesemu rocks) has 1gb capasity with 2gb on the way. Also this mod is only likely to be used for GP Cinema, not emus (have to spell it out for the inane). I cant tell you how much I hate fanboys, I own every handheld and psp is a sensible solution to capasity problems (that why I got one, along wit many others who use these forums). Why dont you make a suggestion, oh thats right your inane and havent got any (lol) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually find this mod interesting... or interesting what it actually could be used for. I use my GP32 as a music-player and though ~3 hours of music on 128 mb is impressive - I wouldn't mind more.

I suppose I could buy appropiate hardware (like a mp3-player), but I also like to be able to play games on the train. One could argue that I should just buy a PSP - but for gaming needs I'm pretty satisfied with the GP, and I do find the PSP rather expensive.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as fanboyism

royston79 posted on Jul 17 2005 at 10:23 AM said:
I cant understand the point of the sd mod, sure when I first seen it I thought GREAT but come back down to earth guys, its like the SENSIBLE users on this forum said. Theres a new GP32 comeing out for sure (I think I can say quite safely it will have sd card support). There already a console called a PSP for inane which is very impressive (snesemu rocks) has 1gb capasity with 2gb on the way. Also this mod is only likely to be used for GP Cinema, not emus (have to spell it out for the inane). I cant tell you how much I hate fanboys, I own every handheld and psp is a sensible solution to capasity problems (that why I got one, along wit many others who use these forums). Why dont you make a suggestion, oh thats right your inane and havent got any (lol) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it was inane. He wasn't asking for a console with bigger capacity, he was asking about the sd mod so your answer didn't even address the question. Anyway, not everyone can 'just get a psp' you know. Its not being a fanboy, its having a lack of cash.

It's not about being usefull. A do-it-tourself portable NES is not particularly usefull, but it'd be damn cool to have. This would be damn cool to have, and it has potential to be usefull. B)

a sd mod would cost not much:
old cardreader for ripping the parts = 5€
soldering skills = nothing
new firmware, software = nothing
SD Cards = i allready have a 512MB one

so thats 5 € for more space.. and you say i should buy a PSP! i dont need a psp i just want more space... would be nice to have the gp32 with a full length movie + music + games and roms all on one card.

Jarska333 posted on Jul 17 2005 at 02:11 PM said:
I think royston just insulted most of GP32xtreme's residents. Someone ban him, please. :angry:
That would be a little harsh although I do think that some people are blatantly just bots that are run by sony to post random praise at the PSP. It could happen? :blink:

Back