Sd Card Recommendations?

cappuchok

Website
Visit site
I'm looking for the best performance/value choices among the SD cards. So far I've been using mostly SanDisk cards (mainly because of compatibility) but recently I've found really fast cards from Corsair which outperform all my SanDisk cards with a ridiculous margin (not in specs, but in practical performance) but they're also almost double the price.

As 4GB cards are only available as SDHC in the stores where I shop for computer stuff, I'm limited to 2GB cards, and recently noticed SanDisk's "Gaming" cards which are cheap as dirt even compared to the regular ExtremeIII cards I usually prefer. Does anyone know what's the catch, why are they so cheap, what's the specs (can't find any specs even on SanDisk's website)? Haven't bought one yet but might pile them up if they're good...

Any other recommendations for good performance-to-price ratio cards (the choices available to me are mainly various models from Corsair, Kingston and SanDisk)?

cappuchok said:
I'm looking for the best performance/value choices among the SD cards. So far I've been using mostly SanDisk cards (mainly because of compatibility) but recently I've found really fast cards from Corsair which outperform all my SanDisk cards with a ridiculous margin (not in specs, but in practical performance) but they're also almost double the price.

As 4GB cards are only available as SDHC in the stores where I shop for computer stuff, I'm limited to 2GB cards, and recently noticed SanDisk's "Gaming" cards which are cheap as dirt even compared to the regular ExtremeIII cards I usually prefer. Does anyone know what's the catch, why are they so cheap, what's the specs (can't find any specs even on SanDisk's website)? Haven't bought one yet but might pile them up if they're good...

Any other recommendations for good performance-to-price ratio cards (the choices available to me are mainly various models from Corsair, Kingston and SanDisk)?
I'm from the US, not sure about you, but if you have a MicroCenter nearby, you might find some good deals there. They had their own brand: 1GB for $9.99, 2GB for $17.99. They work great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back