Yet Another Sd Card Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Details Inisde

Still Fresh
Well i recently bought the new Gp2x f200 and having read some things about SD cards being incompatible with the gp2x I didn't want to rush in and buy the cheapest one from Tescos.
So i would like to know which SD card to get for a reasonable price a 4gb one or 2gb would suffice for a while and something under £40 would be a big advantage(because i have no money).

This site gives a big list of SD cards at cheap prices but i dont want to buy one and have to send it back
cheap SD cards so if someone could look at this and suggest which one to buy i would much appreciate it.

This one looks pretty good and comes with a reader, but are SDHC cards compatible?

Details Inside said:
Well i recently bought the new Gp2x f200 and having read some things about SD cards being incompatible with the gp2x I didn't want to rush in and buy the cheapest one from Tescos.
So i would like to know which SD card to get for a reasonable price a 4gb one or 2gb would suffice for a while and something under £40 would be a big advantage(because i have no money).

This site gives a big list of SD cards at cheap prices but i dont want to buy one and have to send it back
cheap SD cards so if someone could look at this and suggest which one to buy i would much appreciate it.

This one looks pretty good and comes with a reader, but are SDHC cards compatible?

hi dude
i got an 8gig danelec from scan.co.uk it works great in the f200, plenty fast

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the reply (would have replied sooner but i was in purgatory).
i actually had seen that exact same card, and i have ordered it (should be here tomorrow, yay)
thanks again for the advice.
i also have another question, is it possible to edit the builtin games to put in another as i would like to try some off the CD but i don't know how.

Details Inside said:
i actually had seen that exact same card, and i have ordered it (should be here tomorrow, yay)
i also have another question, is it possible to edit the builtin games to put in another as i would like to try some off the CD but i don't know how.
The games that are on the CD can be "installed" by copying them to the "game" folder of the SD card.

I've found the GP2X doesn't care where you put anything ; as long as an application has a .gpe or .gpu extension, you can run it.

simonb said:
Details Inside said:
The games that are on the CD can be "installed" by copying them to the "game" folder of the SD card.

I've found the GP2X doesn't care where you put anything ; as long as an application has a .gpe or .gpu extension, you can run it.

the one time this isn't true is if the author set up any hard-coded locations. but in these cases it will say so in a readme file usually. in general yeah there's no file system restrictions.

(note for those interested: gp2x linux has the normal FHS stuff (/etc, /boot, /bin, and so on) but anything you put in on the sd ends up under the mount point /mnt/sd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back