Sd Card Search

>True, but even with re-branded if the company is a trustworthy they'll only buy quality chips.

Agreed. The different re-branders still deliver different quality cards.
I've good experience with Lexar Professional full-size SDHC cards, for example. They're not the cheapest ones either. I'm not sure which of the vendors make them. They look different from those I believe are made by Toshiba though (IIRC the latter ones tend to have a yellow lock bit).

we have these threads every couple of months. i remember over a year ago people spending ludicrous amounts of money on 16GB cards so that they were ready for pandora. i bet they're kicking themselves now that the same cards cost less than half what they did back then.

just wait until your pandora has arrived, and buy a card then. otherwise you're shooting yourself in the foot. for all we know, pandora still wont have shipped by december this year and there'll be a whole new load of people kicking themselves for spending over odds just so they "were ready for pandora".

gibberish said:
we have these threads every couple of months. i remember over a year ago people spending ludicrous amounts of money on 16GB cards so that they were ready for pandora. i bet they're kicking themselves now that the same cards cost less than half what they did back then.

Except flash prices are pretty much identical to how they were a year ago.

I'm still with you though, prices are bound to fall again eventually and all the time they're not rising massively I'm gonna keep waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
gibberish said:

Last year, I bought a 16GB Transcend Class 6 SDHC card for $29.99 + shipping on Newegg. The same card is now $38.99 + shipping.

Defo said:
Last year, I bought a 16GB Transcend Class 6 SDHC card for $29.99 + shipping on Newegg. The same card is now $38.99 + shipping.

Wouldn't surprise me if they artificially inflate prices.

Defo said:
gibberish said:

December of 2008 I bought two 16 GB Kingstons for $16 each. Door crasher boxing day sale. :D
The same cards are $55 today. I have no regrets about buying too early. :D

I bought a couple of 16GB cards on Play.com about a year and a half ago. The cards now cost more than they did then, with no sign of prices dropping anytime soon due to how the economy has affected flash fabricators. No regrets here. :)

Prometheus said:
I bought a couple of 16GB cards on Play.com about a year and a half ago. The cards now cost more than they did then, with no sign of prices dropping anytime soon due to how the economy has affected flash fabricators. No regrets here. :)

Damn, Play.com has cheap cards. They're so much cheaper than anywhere that will actually ship to the US and is legitimate.

Back