SD card support & filesystem.

Gune

Still Fresh
So i bought a Pandora recently and im currently awaiting its arrival, but i decided to buy a SDHC card beforehand so i have 2 questions regarding that.

1. I know i saw a wiki site listing all Pandora-supported brands and models, but i cant find it. Does anyone know what site im talking about?

2. Is there a specific filesystem i have to run on the SD card(s) or is it ok with ext3/ext4?

PS. I have ordered it from a guy who is selling his, so no need to remind me on the usual Pandora shipping time:)

Thanks in advance!

Stefan Larsson.

So i bought a Pandora recently and im currently awaiting its arrival, but i decided to buy a SDHC card beforehand so i have 2 questions regarding that.

1. I know i saw a wiki site listing all Pandora-supported brands and models, but i cant find it. Does anyone know what site im talking about?

2. Is there a specific filesystem i have to run on the SD card(s) or is it ok with ext3/ext4?

PS. I have ordered it from a guy who is selling his, so no need to remind me on the usual Pandora shipping time:)

Thanks in advance!

Stefan Larsson.
Really any card should work What sizes did you get I heard some 64gb ones dont work I have a 32gb and its fine,

As for filesystems, ive tried FAT32 ext2 and ext3 and all work fine,

Im getting a 32gb to start with.

Ok thanks:D

But i do remember seeing a wiki site about some cards not working, it was some kind of excel looking layout that stated a number of card's support with the Pandora.

Stefan Larsson.

Really any card should work
Sadly not. :( I had thought that initially, only to later learn that all of my early software-related problems were caused by an incompatible card (a Verbatim Class 6 Premium HD Video 32GB SDHC Card), which would not behave correctly either with ext2 or FAT32 (or, most likely, anything else, either).

The SD Compatibility List, whilst currently still small, is well worth keeping an eye on in that regard. I believe that that's the link that Gune was after, incidentally. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Really any card should work
Sadly not. :( I had thought that initially, only to later learn that all of my early software-related problems were caused by an incompatible card (a Verbatim Class 6 Premium HD Video 32GB SDHC Card), which would not behave correctly either with ext2 or FAT32 (or, most likely, anything else, either).

The SD Compatibility List, whilst currently still small, is well worth keeping an eye on in that regard. I believe that that's the link that Gune was after, incidentally. :p

Exactly, every card wont work. But most mainstream cards will, or atleast that is my understanding.

Thanks for the link, thats the one i was looking for:)

Stefan Larsson.

as for filesystem, all the classics are supported (fat32, ext2, ext3 and many more), although, to flash the pandora i believe you need to use a fat32 formated card.

Also, it depend on what os you use with it. for the pandora, any filesystem work really. but if your pc is on windows, its always cool to be able to directly copy paste stuff to it. as such, if you use windows, its recommended that you keep at least 1 sd card as fat32.

as for filesystem, all the classics are supported (fat32, ext2, ext3 and many more), although, to flash the pandora i believe you need to use a fat32 formated card.

Also, it depend on what os you use with it. for the pandora, any filesystem work really. but if your pc is on windows, its always cool to be able to directly copy paste stuff to it. as such, if you use windows, its recommended that you keep at least 1 sd card as fat32.

I see. I actually dont have Windows anywhere. Linux all the way:p

Have anyone had any experience with any these:

"A-Data SDHC-Card 32GB, Class 6"

"SanDisk ScanDisk 16GB"

"SanDisk SDHC Ultra 16GB"

"SanDisk SDHC 16GB"

If so, please reply! :)

Stefan Larsson.

ive heard bad things few years ago about 16 or 32gb adata cards, dunno if they fixed the problem since, i can vouch for canton 32gb class 10 cards, which are probably the cheapest 32gb cards you can find, i can also vouch for sandisk 32gb ultra 15mb/sec read cards, just as long as you dont ebay them

My experience with the standard (as in, not the "Ultra" kind, or whatever else) SanDisk Class 4 cards has been nothing short of excellent, so here's another recommendation for SanDisk's cards. :p

My experience with the standard (as in, not the "Ultra" kind, or whatever else) SanDisk Class 4 cards has been nothing short of excellent, so here's another recommendation for SanDisk's cards. :p

Yea im buying a "SanDisk SDHC Ultra - 32GB" - Link below, its in Swedish but the specs can be recognized pretty easily.

http://www.kjell.com/?item=91734&path=

Thats a retailer just 2 miles from where i live so i will pick one up on monday i think!

It costs 799kr, thats about 127 US Dollars.

Sure maybe not the cheapest but worth it if i get a good solid SDHC card that i can use for years to come.

Stefan Larsson.

holy crap, if you want i can sell you two of them for slightly more than $127

holy crap, if you want i can sell you two of them for slightly more than $127

Well i can get the price down quite abit if i order it online. Ill have to think about it, wont get the pandora for a little while anyway so:)

Thanks for the offer!

Stefan Larsson.

Got one for 85 bucks shipping and a usb card-reader included=)

A bit off-topic but does anyone know how long you usually charge the Pandora?

And does it need to be turned on to be charged? I think i read that somewhere.

Stefan Larsson.

Back