Sd Card Wich Brand And Size?

Yeah, actually what I have on my 8gb sd card could fit on the nand. But isn't the nand erased with a firmware update? Doesn't really matter. To each their own. I just find I don't need much space. I only play games that I have physical copies of though, or homebrew games... the only reason I pushed it any further was that it really depends on the person just how much space they need. I actually overbought with my 8gb card, but I guess that's not too bad either, as I'll always have room for some PSX games if the emulator gets good.

Didn't think I would need a SD Card, until I saw the way it played a few videos and liked the quality of the screen.

Picked up a 16GB PNY-brand card for $35 from BJ's (Wholesale Club) over Christmas. The NAND memory was more than enough to hold games, but now I want to try some PSX games that got scratched over the years and can wait to see how The Wiz will run 1st Gen PS Games.

BTW, It is definately a smart idea to b/u your NAND (either on your SD or on your PC).

I agree with Sony .. it's also about having as many games as possible on it even if you play them for only a minute or two :rolleyes:

Somebody make a 128GB SD card NOW !!!! (Yes I know Sandisk and others are working on this with the new 30nm flash technology)

Standard SD card: 1 MB to 4 GB

SDHC card: 4 GB to 32 GB

SDXC card: 32 GB to 2 TB (they're out now or soonish in 32GB & 64GB configurations...maybe next year we'll get some 1TB sizes?)

How much will a 1TB card be? I mean, I'd buy them and use them instead of shitty DVD's that get scratched and faded dye and hard disks are still way too expensive for my puny budget. Would also mean I don't have to carry my 500gb external music HDD around everywhere I go...

I guess is that, next year 1TB SDXC cards will probably be between US $200 and US $300. :wiz:
And, imo, the only problem with with wanting to carry an 1TB SDXC cardinstead of your 500GB HDD is...if you lose that 1TB (which is easy, because it's small and light weight), you would be crying...
Especially if you had 1TB worth date/information in it, lol. You won't even care about how much you paid for it anymore...the thought of losing all that data qould be devastating!!!

EDIT:
I know you already know this...But rule number 1 is ALWAYS MAKE A BACK-UP OF ALL YOUR (LARGE) DATA. :)

SONY said:
Then, I must have a problem, because I can't seem to get enough of having a shit load of games that I'll never play. :(

If you get a bigger card, you can add some videos you'll never watch along with some music and radio programmes you'll never play :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ejmd said:
SONY said:
Then, I must have a problem, because I can't seem to get enough of having a shit load of games that I'll never play. :(

If you get a bigger card, you can add some videos you'll never watch along with some music and radio programmes you'll never play :)

Already there. I found a way to integrate a 500GB external USB powered drive to the Wiz .. why .. because it's there and possible. It really draws on the battery though when running without an external power source.

@BrokeDad:
And would you care to tell people how?
It seems there's a lot of guys who'd really like to know.
I think I even read the question here somwhere.
And that's what the forum is all about, isn't it? ;)

rds

Kasi

kasi said:
@BrokeDad:

rds

Kasi

I'm scared to post almost anything on this forum anymore. I had a post deleted several times today already (without another temp ban thankfully) concerning a freeware demo.
Lesson learned about links (my bad .. major rule) and lesson learned about reposting a post that keeps getting deleted as that means it's not wanted here by some mod and not a posting problem.

BrokeDad said:
kasi said:
@BrokeDad:

rds

Kasi

I'm scared to post almost anything on this forum anymore. I had a post deleted several times todok.ay already (without another temp ban thankfully) concerning a freeware demo.
Lesson learned about links (my bad .. major rule) and lesson learned about reposting a post that keeps getting deleted as that means it's not wanted here by some mod and not a posting problem.
ok... :blink:

ejmd said:
SONY said:

Awesome, thanks. I'm on it! :D

I bought a Lexar Platinium 2 (Class 4) 32GB Card at Wal-Mart for less than $100. I think you can find them for even cheaper now.

Back