SD cards from Classic Pandora --> 1Ghz Pandora...

Fatman2001

Still Fresh
Hi guys

I hope someone can help, I've just received by 1ghz Pandora :D  \o/ ...however when I plug in my SD cards from my Classic Pandora the automatic scan for new applications runs in the minimenu as normal, but then the content on the card doesn't appear in the minimenu afterwards, it's like the content is being ignored.  Yet when I plug the same SD cards back into my Classic Pandora, it works as expected and the content appears.  The minimenu theme stored in the "/media/pandora/mmenu/skins" directory is also ignored and the default/stock skin remains applied.

The problem only ever occurs in the minimenu, everything is fine and works ok in the full desktop GUI.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Any pointers would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

Is it the same with both card slots?

Have you tried with a fresh SD card?

Ok, after having some time to play around with this the problem was occurring when the SD card from the Classic Pandora was in either slot, so the slot the card was in made no difference.

After investing in a new SD card and testing it in each slot, the problem was no longer occurring.  The only difference when testing the new SD card and the SD card from the Classic Pandora at the time was the '/media/pandora/mmenu/skins' folder (as this was not copied to the new SD card).  As soon as I copied the '/media/pandora/mmenu/skins' to the new SD card the problem came back.

Can I assume from this that the theme/skin which works fine on the Classic Pandora (runing Zaxxon Hotfix 5 OS) are not compatible with the 1Ghz Pandora (running SuperZaxxon 1.52 OS)?  I know this shouldn't cause the issue described but as soon as it was copied to the new SD card the problem returned.

Either way, it was fixed by removing the theme/skin :D

Ok, after having some time to play around with this the problem was occurring when the SD card from the Classic Pandora was in either slot, so the slot the card was in made no difference.

After investing in a new SD card and testing it in each slot, the problem was no longer occurring.  The only difference when testing the new SD card and the SD card from the Classic Pandora at the time was the '/media/pandora/mmenu/skins' folder (as this was not copied to the new SD card).  As soon as I copied the '/media/pandora/mmenu/skins' to the new SD card the problem came back.

Can I assume from this that the theme/skin which works fine on the Classic Pandora (runing Zaxxon Hotfix 5 OS) are not compatible with the 1Ghz Pandora (running SuperZaxxon 1.52 OS)?  I know this shouldn't cause the issue described but as soon as it was copied to the new SD card the problem returned.

Either way, it was fixed by removing the theme/skin :D
I would say yes simply because I know recently I downloaded some apps using firmware super zaxxon 1.52 the would not run until I upgraded to 1.54 and now they run.

Last edited:
Back