Sd Slot Won't 'lock' Cards In Place

G189

(Posting here after posting on the official OpenPandora forum)

Hi all,

I just got my fixed Pandora back (I had the purple tint of doom) and cards won't lock into the right hand SD slot. The slot just ejects them sraight away. I've tried this with a few cards and the same thing happens with all of them.

Has this happened to anyone else, and is there a way to fix it? Debs at OpenPandora is going to have word with Craig but I was wondering if there's anything I can do in the meantime.

Thanks!

I have not had this problem but quite the opposite.. I have had a few cards get stuck in the right slot and not release. Had to open up the pandora in order to get the card out.. Not a constant problem, just happened twice.
Have you tried opening up the pandora to see if the card will stay in once the case is taken out of the equation ?
Maybe you can physically see if something looks different between the left and right slot once the case is opened up.
That is if you feel comfortable doing so.

Hi Eisner, thanks for posting! I'm a bit nervous about opening the case up, so I've got round the problem for the moment by ordering a 36Gb SD card ;-).

I'd feel guilty if getting my Pandora fixed held up someone receiving theirs, so I reckon I'll wait until things calm down a bit and then contact Debs again. Mine's works almost perfectly, it's just I can only use one SD card in it at the moment!

G189 said:
Hi Eisner, thanks for posting! I'm a bit nervous about opening the case up, so I've got round the problem for the moment by ordering a 36Gb SD card ;-).

I'd feel guilty if getting my Pandora fixed held up someone receiving theirs, so I reckon I'll wait until things calm down a bit and then contact Debs again. Mine's works almost perfectly, it's just I can only use one SD card in it at the moment!

There seem to have been a few reports of similar in the last batch, obviously just few among the many that went out recently but this wasn't an issue with the priorly made boards at all. Have to hope its just a few rare examples that have slipped through CC and that like the slightly dodgy shoulder button microswitches that were caught early, they get back on their game properly and start spitting out 100% perfect boards again as we know they have and can.

Last edited by a moderator:
G189 said:
I'm not wishing to sound like a broken record, but I hope you didn't order that card from eBay. SD Cards don't come in that size. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back