Sdhc 4 Gig Card Wont Work On Gp2x

Rodeo

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Just got my GP2X yesterday, great console ideal for me, wife let me buy it for my xmas prezzie.

I bought a Sandisk 4GB SDHC card to go with it as the GP2X site i purchased it from had pictures of sandisks to buy. I got it from a different site as it had a free usb card reader bundled with it.

Now i feel like i may have wasted some money, the 4 gig sdhc card is not able to be read by the gp2x.... and before you tell me to format it to fat 32, I know about that. the problem seems to be that sd uses sector logging and sdhc uses byte allocation to read write info.

Now a big question comes...... :D has anyone ie: (craigix) got any idea if the firmware may be updated to enable the GP2X to read these SDHC cards??? the reason i ask is that the SDHC type of card has the potential to be 32gigabyte in size.... :lol: Now that would be some storage space !!!!!

Shikaku posted on Dec 1 2006 at 06:22 AM said:
However, you are going to have to buy an SD card to do the upgrade. You can get a small one pretty cheap.

:D Yes i realised that and i already have a 2gb one on order... errr & yes i checked and the 2gb one is a standard SD card :D

Thanks for the reply, now then does anyone want me to send them a letter with a very expensive postage stamp on it ?????? :rolleyes: Just Kidding, I will hold onto the SDHC card until GPH make the GP2X compatible with it.

P.S. Just a thought, is it better to have a small SD card kept just for doing firmware updates? Or does it not really matter, as I am new to this unit I am not yet sure what is involved in updating the firmware ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Rodeo posted on Dec 1 2006 at 07:48 AM said:
Shikaku posted on Dec 1 2006 at 06:22 AM said:
However, you are going to have to buy an SD card to do the upgrade. You can get a small one pretty cheap.

:D Yes i realised that and i already have a 2gb one on order... errr & yes i checked and the 2gb one is a standard SD card :D

Thanks for the reply, now then does anyone want me to send them a letter with a very expensive postage stamp on it ?????? :rolleyes: Just Kidding, I will hold onto the SDHC card until GPH make the GP2X compatible with it.

P.S. Just a thought, is it better to have a small SD card kept just for doing firmware updates? Or does it not really matter, as I am new to this unit I am not yet sure what is involved in updating the firmware ???
well the sd card doesnt have to be empty to update the firmware, so you can just use 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back