Ahhhhhh Why Wont It Work

Derekwi

Still Fresh
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That is how I feel right now. I have had my F200 for around a week and I think it has aged me by 5 years.

The problem I am having is that every so often when I turn my GP2x on it does not recognize the SD Card inserted in it. Originally I assumed dud card but if I stick it in a card reader it works fine, I also plugged a USB cable into the F200 and guess what the PC found the card via the GP2X ????????

I have another card here which is SanDisk Micro SD card in an SD converter and this seems to be having the same problem. I have trawled site after site for a solution but nothing so hear I am on my knees

I should mention the card I have is a Play.com SDHC 16GB and the GP2X is an F200 running version 4.0.0. The main application I am using is the latest version of SquidgeSNES.

Just one other thing to mention, a lot of the time even when the SD card can be read SquidgeSNES will not run. As soon as it starts any button will take me to the Roms folder screen and that as far as it will go I have to bail out turn the console off and back on again.

Sorry for the ramblings just been waiting ages to get my hands on a GP2x only get these issues.

Thanks

Des said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi :)

The problem I am having is that every so often when I turn my GP2x on it does not recognize the SD Card inserted in it. Originally I assumed dud card but if I stick it in a card reader it works fine, I also plugged a USB cable into the F200 and guess what the PC found the card via the GP2X ????????

Please have a look at the GP2X Wiki article about SD cards here and here about compatibility issues.

I should mention the card I have is a Play.com SDHC 16GB and the GP2X is an F200 running version 4.0.0. The main application I am using is the latest version of SquidgeSNES.

16GB is maybe a bit too much...is your SD card formatted in FAT32 as it should be ? Also, you could try a more recent emulator like the latest version of PocketSNES.

Bye, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is simple you are trying to us a sdhc card which the gp2x isnt compatible with. You need the older style sd card. Get any size sd card and it will work not a sdhc card.

[ This is partially incorrect. The F100 supports SDHC cards with a software patch. The F200 has always supported SDHC (which is the one the poster has) ] - Squidge

wolforrest said:
The problem is simple you are trying to us a sdhc card which the gp2x isnt compatible with. You need the older style sd card. Get any size sd card and it will work not a sdhc card.

When you read well, you could see that Des has an F200 with fw 4.0.0, which fully supports sdhc. I haven't had any problems with mine with an 8Gb card (actually a micro-sd with adapter).

wolforrest said:
Definately not. If it wouldn't be compatible, it would NEVER work. However, he said from time to time.

As he's got 4.0.0 I'd also say he got one from the faulty first batch, so he should exchange it.

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Thanks for the help and advice.

Thought I better put an update on here so here we go.

It appears that that my GP2X does not like the 16GB SDHC play.com card as it will work the once and never again until I format it and put it in and out about twenty times.

I got so fed up with this I went a little insane and got a 2GB card from Pc World witch works, kind of. This card will play up every now and again (same problems as before) but if I just take the batteries out swap them over , turn the GP2x on and leave it for 30 seconds it seems to work. I have also now got into the habit of taking the batteries out when I have finished using the GP2X which also seems to help.

Hope this will help if anybody else gets this problem.

Des said:
It appears that that my GP2X does not like the 16GB SDHC play.com card as it will work the once and never again until I format it and put it in and out about twenty times.
Hmmmm, that's strange. I have a 16GB SDHC card also Play.com branded and it works flawlessly with my GP2X-F200 FW 4.0.0. I did not do anything to the SD card, just put programs and games on to it and played away on the GP2X.

FYI, I also have a 8GB SDHC card again Play.com branded and that too works flawlessly on the GP2X too. I use my in-built SD card reader on my PC to update/upload new games, etc to the SD card and then re-insert it when the GP2X is off. I do not use the connection cable from the GP2X to the PC to file transfer to the SD card.

Back